Pages

10 February 2016

Happy Birthday MW and Lo! {Party Style}

Hello.
I am back to share about MW's Fifth Birthday and Lo's 7th {early} birthday party.
I decided on a joint party because two different family parties within weeks of one another is a lot of work for me and our schedules. Thankfully they don't seem to mind.

Lo went low key this year with just brownies. I asked if she wanted anything special on it and she kept saying "No, just brownies and ice cream." Thankfully I found this cute little bunting at Target to dress them up a tad, along with a name candle. She was thrilled. I love you baby girl for being so simple and easy!!



Next up was MW's cake. He requested spiderman. He wanted a red cake with a web, but I didn't realize that no matter how much red dye you add to white frosting you still get pink! Apparently I learned later that you have to buy a special red dye to get the desired red...who knew...cake people that's who. Thankfully MW was so sweet and said "That's ok mom, I still love it! Thank you for trying." Oh my sweet boy and THAT is why I love you. Your tender and understanding heart.



I have to include this--we ran to Dollar Tree a few days before the party for supplies and we saw these balloons. I mean how do you say No to a $1 balloon for the birthday kids? You don't. So we were talking about his party and the following transpired--

Touche buddy. This kid cracks me up. His wit is on point like his father. 
{Shhhh don't tell Chad I said that. ;) }

On a side note---we still have Lo's balloon going strong a whole month later. Her real birthday is on the 15th. We wanted to see if it makes it. So dollar tree balloons are where it's at for future reference.

The party consisted of family going out to eat at Chick-Fil-A, a little play place fun; finishing off with cake/brownies/ice creams and gifts at home. The party stage is set.
These two are just two really great kids. I couldn't feel more blessed.


Ready to sing Happy Birthday!



This boy was surprisingly not interested in cake, only presents---actually I am not at all surprised. He loves to get gifts. I feel like he gets a "high" from receiving stuff. He could care less what it is, just that he gets something...

Now this girl loves gifts, but she {mostly} cherishes what she gets. When she wants something you know she really wants it. Like this puppy dog. Last year, she wanted another Our Generation tiny puppy. I said not right now, for your birthday. Well, when her birthday rolled around it was out of stock--EVERYWHERE! She was heart-broken. She eventually found another one she liked just as well. Fast forward this year she finds another Our generation puppy she really wants. I said no, we need to wait for your birthday...only this time I got smart and had Chad distract her while I sneaked it to the checkout. Over the month she would go and check on her dog at Target---he was gone. She was so sad---and then this happened on her birthday!!  She couldn't believe I "found" her dog...well, let's just say baby I learned a lesson last year.
The carnage...they made out like bandits. 
Playing Legos with Auntie Meg. 
Lo made MW these worksheets. Such as tracing his name, a color by numbers and a connect the dots. She is just so clever and sweet. 

Back to MW and his love of getting stuff. He wanted this Jake Skull Rock/Ship thing we found at Tuesday Morning. He begged for it. I said no--maybe for your birthday. Unlike Lo I knew he wouldn't be disappointed if it were gone. He moves on to the next thing like a butterfly. But as his birthday rolled around he asked again--I really tried to say "no." I knew he wouldn't play with it. So we got it. He doesn't play with it. Look for it in my garage sale for $5. ;) And now I learned another lesson about trusting my gut. HA!
We have very limited family time due to crazy work schedules. So when we are together we try to have a game night or movie night. Lo really is into Monopoly. We taught her how to play the adult version--but as you know that takes for-evah to truly complete. So she asked for this for her birthday--the Jr. version. We have spent many an evening playing. She is so good at it and somehow usually wins!

Well that sums up their party. Next Monday on her actually birthday we plan on going out as a family to celebrate more. I just can't believe they are 5 and 7. I can't even handle this. MW is going to Kindy in the fall. Lo is reading Junie B Jones all by herself. Stop growing. 

I love you both so much! Happy Birthday to my two favorite kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...