Pages

22 June 2008

Pregnant!

{I technically started this blog in April 2009, but over the years have realized that I wanted all my journal entries from Leighton's pregnancy in one place for her to view. So I have post-dated all these entries.}

On June 19th I found out I was pregnant! I was really hoping I was b/c if I wasn't I thought something was terribly wrong with me. I had felt nauseated all the time, my heartburn was coming back with full vengence and I was extremly exhausted (now, I know I am always tired but this was different, I could barely stay awake in the middle of the day!) Anyway I took a test on June 15th and it was negative, so although it was early I was expecting not to be pregant. I figured if I was one day late then I would test again and well, I couldn't wait so I tested the day I was due. Again I was preparing myself for it to be negative. But when I glanced down at the test after a minute I saw a faint line and about passed out! I was so excited!! I didn't know what to do; run downstairs and tell Chad or do something cute to "surprise" him?!?! I took a deep breathe to calm down and got into the shower so I could think. I decided I couldn't wait to tell Chad, so I got ready very quickly after my shower and went downstairs pregnancy test in hand! When i walked into his office I stood to the side and said "look at me from the side do I look different to you?" He just stared at me trying to figure out if I was just being goofy or if I was being serious. I was grinning ear to ear...and passed him the pregnancy test. He looked at it for a moment and then I started crying and we hugged and got all excited! Right now I am dying to tell people I am pregnant especially my family but we are waiting for the right time. We are also waiting until we get the blood results back saying that I am having a steady rise in my hcg levels. The doctor was concerned a bit when I said I was spotting and cramping for a few days. I believe that everything is alright and feel confident that this is a viable pregnancy! Ok well, that is a lot of information for one post so I will leave it at that for now!  

Starting shot. 4 weeks pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...