Pages

15 December 2009

10 Months

Sigh.
10 months old.
A year ago I was big and pregnant wishing I could hold my sweet little girl in my arms.
Now she is here and making this Christmas one of the best I have experienced.

Happy 10 Months Leighton

Here are all the fun and crazy things you are up to this month:

*You are starting to say "da-da", "bye", "bah" whenever you see the dogs, and on occasion say "ma-ma"

*You "sing" along to songs. As soon as you can talk and sing I am sending you to Jendy for voice lessons :)

*You dance to music. Especially, when the pop-tart commercial comes on. You stop whatever you are doing to look up and start to boogie.

*You climb UP the stairs.

*You throw your toys and mostly importantly the ball for the dogs (as promised in this post ;) ).

*You give us your toys, food and sometimes kisses when asked.


This is your bed head. I am excited b/c you have to have HAIR for that! :)
*You still aren't walking on your own, but bolt around the furniture and on your walker like a pro. Although today you took 1 tiny step (twice) before falling. I am hoping for a Christmas miracle. It is all I want for Christmas...for you to walk!

*You had your first overnight stay with mommy and daddy for a small group retreat. This resulted in you sleeping in a tiny twin bunk bed with you just so you would sleep. You are not a fan of the pack 'n play evidently. A very tiring, long night for mommy. Although I did love waking up next to you and snuggling you all night...sometimes sleep is a tad over-rated. ;)

*Finally you are almost weaned.
Our very 1st bottle together.
This is a decision that didn't come lightly. I planned on nursing until you were a year. However, with your recent weight loss caused by my decreased milk supply I had limited choices. It was sad at first but I am loving it now.
We did go to the Dr. today to do a weight check to see if you had gained. The verdict:
Your 10 month stats are:
Wt: 15lbs 40z Ht: 26 in
So you have gained (up about 11oz)! Yay! Just another of many affirmations of my decision to wean.
It also means daddy can help more and it allows him some much needed bonding time with you. You even hold your own bottle.

*This month we celebrate your first Christmas and I can't wait.

I have never laid under the tree and looked up at all the lights? Am I weird do other people do this. It was neat and sort of peaceful. Go on try it.

We love you sweet girl. You are growing up to be a beautiful and delightful little girl. I look forward to seeing your big smile every morning. Happy 10 Months!




3 comments:

  1. awwwwww let me say it again awwwwwww I could just eat her up!!!

    Couple of things...
    First, she cannot be 10 months?? She was just a tiny baby last month so maybe you chould check again :)

    Second, I even remembered today when I got up that it was her 10 month B-day and I forgot to say it to you when we talked earlier and now I feel bad for that :(

    Third, I love that picture where she is playing with the kid manger scene she looks JUST LIKE LANDREY in that one. By the way where did you get that manger scene, I want one for landrey.

    Fourth, she is so BEAUTIFUL and I am so HAPPY to be her Auntie and I am so glad that her weight check went well. Good decision mommy!! Proud of you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 10 months of being a great mommy!! Wow time sure flies... goodness! She is beautiful, Chele. I love watching the blog to see how she changes and grows. You aren't weird - I actually LOVE laying under the tree and looking up... I've done it ever since I was little. :) Oh - and I might message you about the weaning thing - I'm so proud of you! I have some questions about it. :) I know you're enjoying your little girl - and she is blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your want your baby to walk and I want mine to crawl! The Christmas wishes of a mommy!
    I too love to lay under the tree, it is peaceful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...