Pages

27 December 2009

"I can not believe we were that good" Christmas Post

This was such a wonderful Christmas. The best in a very long time. There is nothing like witnessing Christmas through the eyes of a child. I was just plain giddy by the time Christmas arrived.

(note: click on the pictures to view them larger.)
On Christmas Eve we spent the day at my mother-in-law's. We had yummy lasagna, opened presents and then headed out to our church for Christmas Eve service! It was amazing. Lo joined us for the service and she was so good. She loved all the lights and music. Once we got home we got ready for Santa to come and visit! This was a surreal moment for Chad and I because we just looked at each other after Lo went to bed and said "we are Santa now...weird." Of course, then we promptly scarfed down the sugar cookies.

(picture note: It was my Christmas wish for Lo to start walking by Christmas...sadly while we are oh so close we are not walking yet...New Year's?!?! Also, that stocking she is in was the stocking the hospital gave Rachel to bring Chad home in...pretty neat!)



Christmas Morning we got up and around and had our little family Christmas. Leighton didn't seem too excited about her gifts...she was most thrilled w/ her $3 puzzle we got her...out of all she received. Kids.
Then we headed over to my parent's for the day. It was so fun watching the girls play and interact! They just love each other. Melissa had made the girls these matching onesies...aren't they cute?!


What a difference a year makes?!!


A few of our favorite gifts:

I made this KU shirt for Meg...she really liked it. Somehow (against our better judgement :) HA!) she has decided to attend KU in the fall. No just kidding we are excited for her!
Chad and his Sproles jersey...I think this made his Christmas!

I got this cool watch. Chad is AWESOME at gifts. I mentioned during the movie "Blindside" that I wanted a cool watch like Sandra Bullock had and he delivered!
(We were doing a 4-Gen pic her on Chad's side)

Well, I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! And I hope the New Year brings you great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...