Pages

17 June 2014

The Start of Summer

Soo....I am a working mom now.
Confession. While I totally appreciated and respected working moms before, I totally get it now.
I use to not quite get how they didn't have time for their passions or blogging...
Gah, it is all I can do some nights to stare at the tv. HA!
I really don't work that much--20ish hours/week but being a gymnastic coach is sort of a physically--mentally--and let's face it emotionally {hello! pre-pubescent girl drama hormones} demanding job; so  come home drained.
I hate doing these recap posts, so I will try better, but for now it is what it is.

He marches to his own drum. No clue what is going on here.
Lo on the other hand says things like--
"Mom, I drew a picture of a dead snake without its head."
Me: "why can't you be a normal girl and like princesses and fairies?!"
"why can't I like dead snakes?"
Then proceeds to draw more roadkill.

Here she is beating down an ant hill. Often I wonder what it would be like to have a girly girl, but then I remember she is all I ever wanted.

Busting out the kiddie pool.



Chillaxin.
My heart.
The rest of my heart.
Daddy took these while I was at work.
Cowgirl Leighton and her trusty horse Princess Buttercup.
A horse has got to eat and so does her dog wrangling fido--Rainbow.
Tucker is assessing his chances on snagging said snack...
Summer nights making doll trains. See sometimes she can be a girl. HA!

Evening bike ride.



So Lo's room is constantly a work in progress...who am I kidding my whole house is. Anyway, I was looking for opinions on what to paint Lo's dresser. All white, tiffany blue, berry pink with white trim...the list goes on. I have had this on my summer list for 2 years! Honestly, I was scared.
Today I bit the bullet and painted it. Eek!! So stay tuned. :)

But because I find those pinterest pictures so annoying with their perfect rooms, that you know deep inside is NOT what their daughter's room looks like--I thought I would bestow a in real life photo of Lo's room. Now honestly this was not on our best day. She is to make her bed (but it never looks like I did--duh she is 5) but every once in awhile we let it slide. :)
and well this is all I have for now...waiting to download photos off my iPod...so until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...