Pages

04 November 2013

Care Bear Stare {Halloween 2013}

Wow. I don't even know where to start. I just downloaded over 400 pictures off two cameras. Pretty much ALL of October. I still haven't blogged the State Fair and other little events. This bugs me. It shouldn't and I should get a life, but it still bugs me. HA!

I am going to start with Halloween and maybe I will back track...most likely.
These have no filter.

The weekend before we did Trick or Treat Street with the Children's Theater. It was a blast. They did a little play about Trick or Treat safety and then the kids got to go around trick or treating to "practice" and then there were a few games and crafts to partake in as well. I can not tell you how awesome this was, it will become a new tradition. Our kids are young and parading them up and down neighborhood streets, knocking on doors for candy we don't want or need is honestly lame. But they want to participate and dress up.  This is win win. Costumes and fun with a handful of candy tossed in.

Lo making her belly badge. She was Oopsy {Care} Bear.

The Costumes.
MW was a Lion. Technically Braveheart Lion {Care Bear Cousin} but we didn't have his belly badge done yet.
 I struggled with making Lo a costume, I wasn't sure we would pull it off, mostly b/c she insisted on being the GREEN Care Bear. But at the last minute I found this lime green track suit and the rest was history.











 Halloween 2013
Again no filter.
 I just love the backside of her costume.




 Besties.
 Note to self STOP!!! Taking Halloween pictures on my front porch.
Ugh. Once again horrible lighting and shadows...when will I learn!!

My neighbor is so amazing and creative. Minons with Gru. I don't know the first thing or storyline about Despicable Me, but it was cute. Gru is our other neighbor who loves on our kids as her own grandkids!


We treated a few houses down our street before hitting up a local church for a carnival. Again, way more fun then standing in the cold begging for candy. Little Lion always trying to keep up!


 Church Carnival. We spent the majority of time at the bounce houses!
 So my kids love those window catcher characters. We always paint them, but did you know you can just use permanent marker?! Me either. Answer to prayer. Less mess and more fun for the kids. :)


 Oh my this bounce house the kids did no less than 15x! MW got this wall climb down and we couldn't keep him off of it! He loved it!

This was my favorite Halloween yet! I loved doing the carnivals and playing with the kids vs. long walks in the freezing cold.
Hope you all had a safe and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...