Pages

24 November 2013

Sunday Song {Oceans-Where Feet May Fail}

I have had this idea for.ever.
To post a song that touches my heart at the beginning of the week.
To reflect, meditate and dwell on.
Music speaks to me like nothing else ever will. I want to be a great and articulate writer. Unfortunately, I lack the ability to convey my deepest thoughts and feelings that make sense.

When my heart is happy or sad, I find joy, comfort and peace in song. This is what I love most about leading worship. Getting lost in the song. I never see the people starting at me, my heart and soul is in complete and utter worship of our Savior.

I could be having the crappiest day ever and then it all be turned around by one song on Way-FM.

This week my song is Oceans Where Feet May Fail by Hillsong.


The lyrics:

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
[x6]

I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

1st. Her voice is amazing. Her "haunting" sound takes me to a deep place of worship.
2nd. This song is based on the story of Peter walking out onto the water. Read more HERE.
3rd. Do you ever feel God preparing you, not calling you...yet, but preparing you for something. You don't have the faintest, well maybe an inkling, but it is so unknown and unsure. He is preparing me/us. I love that about God. He doesn't just give you something you can't handle. He prepares you for it, if you are sensitive enough to feel the leading. I find myself declaring

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders, Let me walk upon the waters; WHEREVER you would CALL ME. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander, and my faith will be made stronger, In the presence of my Savior. Amen."

I know there isn't anything I can't handle as long as I rest in Christ. When I am frustrated, this song is my prayer this week. "I will call upon [HIS] name and keep my eyes above the waves."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...