Pages

21 March 2014

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Time for another hilarious {mostly to me and Chad} edition of Things my Kids Say.

Both the kids say "come at me bro" when "fighting." Courtesy of my sister Meg.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M: We are out of peanut butter.
Lo: Well, we can make some. I read how in a book. {probably some history lesson on George Washington Carver}
M: Problem is sass is we don't have peanuts.
Lo: Mom, just go outside and get some from the tree.
M: Well you just think of everything don't you.
Lo: yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was rough housing MW after a few minutes he says "mom stop. You need to be nice to me. You are hurting my feelings."

2 seconds later.

MW: "Oh moooommmy---come and get me..."
BOYS!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before there was Frozen there was Pippi.
Once upon a time the kids were into Pippi Longstockings. {one of the best movies from my childhood}. The song goes a little something like this:



MW loves to sing and sing loudly when he first wakes up in the morning.
One morning we hear him singing "Pippi Yongstockings is com-ING to your TOWN!!!" Over and over.
Now he sings "Let it Go" Starting at "be the good girl you always have to be--conceal, don't feel." Over and over. He may be more into Frozen than Sass, just sayin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't remember where Lo got this but this may be her best come back yet.
Whenever anyone says something isn't fair she quickly responds with "The Fair comes in September!" BAHAHAHA!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MW: "can I play the iPad?"
Daddy: No. AND don't ask your mother. End of story.
MW: "NO! Not a great story." Crosses arms and pouts.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One morning ALL of us {including our 2 dogs} were sleeping in our Queen size bed.  Chad and I started saying that we would each just go take one of their beds so we could get some sleep.
Lo: NO! We need to sleep together as a family and sing campfire songs.

Me: where do you get this stuff kid?!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MW is all about wiping lately, which you know is a good thing...but I just need to be sure we are clean. :)
MW: MOM! I did wipe. It's {his bottom} good as new!" Cracks me up every time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snow Day Feb 4th
We kept putting off going out into the snow.
Finally Lo shouts "That's it! Put your iPads, phones, and pods down. It is TIME to go play in the snow NOW!!!"

demanding much...now you know why she is nicknamed Sass.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Lo is all about playing baby dolls. She is quite the mommy. She puffs up big and proud whenever she has a mommy moment (pushing her baby in a shopping cart, using a mobi wrap etc.) and exclaims "I feel like a own mommy!"

However, she tends to pack a lot of stuff--I mean she IS a first time mom. HA!
M: Why on Earth do you need all of this stuff? {ie a bumbo, stroller, high-chair, blankets, diaper bag and so on...}
Lo: Well mom, babies eat, sit in bumbos and then sleep that is why!
M: Well I stand corrected.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Micah: Oh yuck! Dogger Slob. {Instead of dog slobber. SO FUNNY!}
He secretly loves Thatchy Beau Jangy's kisses. Don't let him fool you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This last one isn't as much funny as endearing.
We had these little tables just being stowed away in our bedroom.
One Sunday morning as we were getting around MW just went and sat on one and said "Come buy me mom!"
I don't know where he got this idea, but he just wanted to know that out of all the little boys in the world I would still choose him.
So I indulged him and pretending to look high and low for just the perfect little boy. I would ask an invisible sales clerk if they had one with red hair and a sly grin. Then we would lock eyes and exclaim 'THERE! There is the perfect little boy! I want this one!! How much?!"
Oh how he would just giggle with glee. This game went on nearly every day, 50x a day.
Of course once a little Lo Lo Sass caught wind of the game she too promptly plopped down on that table hoping we would choose her!
Sweet kids.
I will always choose you!










1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...