Pages

21 May 2014

Kindergarten Round-up

I think I need to get one of those uber cool chalk boards record all their first/last day of school day info. For now the driveway works.

Today {wait, this post is nearly 3 weeks overdue} my baby girl went on her Kindergarten Round-up visit.
She has never done pre-K, or gone to daycare, or done anything other than 1 week of VBS last summer where I left her. Not that I can't, it is just weird and all grown-uppy. Hard to imagine 5 years has already flown by.
I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes all day.
I told myself I was going to be brave and not cry---it was only 2 hours.
Lo was so excited, until we pulled into the parking lot.
Then she got quiet, and stoic.
We strolled in, met daddy there, you know since he just so happens to teach 5th grade in her building and signed in.
Then the tears started. She started screaming and clinging to me. I was desperate to keep my emotions in check, but once she burst out in tears, so did I!
Finally daddy, the principal and a 5th grade friend pried her off me and I just scooped MW up and ran--using my son as a shield to block people from seeing tears pouring down my face.
I cried the whole way home. MW kept asking me if  I was happy yet?!
Chad called right as I got home to say she was having the best time in her class.
I cried more.
2 hours came and went by quickly.
When the parents entered the classroom to pick up our kids they were all sitting so big and listening to a book being read by their teacher.
She said she had the best time and told me all about her adventure riding the school bus, having a snack, and making a craft.



Not sure I will be anymore ready come fall, but at least it was a taste of what is to come.
I will sure miss this face in the morning.
Who will entertain MW?!






Running down the 5th grade hall way to greet daddy after school!

Until August!

1 comment:

  1. Oh chele, I almost cried reading this. I think it is so hard no matter what, but like you, she has NEVER been away from me, NEVER so I am still a mess about it. And it does not help that almost everyday she tells me that she does not want to go, but I know that once she gets going she will soon love it!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...