Pages

28 May 2014

Weekend

Man this has been one sick weekend. And I don't meant the fun kind of sick.
Who am I kidding the whole past week was a hot mess.
Lo started it all off with pink eye last Monday. Which she kindly shared with her brother by Wednesday which he affectionately shared with me Thursday morning. I haven't had pink eye since I was a kid. I remember waking up and I couldn't pry my eye open to save my life. It actually looked sick {the cool kind. :) } Sort of wish I took a picture since I can't wink unless my eye is glued shut.

Moving on. MW is not getting better he looks more and more pathetic, I should have trusted my mommy gut and just went in on Friday {BEFORE the long holiday}, but decided it was just allergies and he would have to suck it up.

Saturday he wakes up from his nap SCREAMING!!! He won't let anyone near him, or touch him. Not even me, the one who gave him life, the one who is loves more than anyone {unless Grandma Rachel or Papa is around then I can pound sand.} This worried me. Finally I asked him---tell me what hurts little buddy. My FROAT {throat}. Crap...he could have strep---he was running a high fever off and on since Thurs.

So for the first time ever I packed us up and went to minor emergency. I hate going to the regular doctor's office, so for me to take him there meant I was concerned. It actually ended up not being too bad of an experience.

Here we are waiting...

They swabbed him--NEGATIVE. Great what the H is wrong with my kid...once the ARNP got in there she checked him out and found an ear infection! This sounds so bad, but thank God it was something. She even let me look in his ears with the otoscope. I thought that was cool. Then due to his severe congestion she gave him a breathing treatment which he LOVED. He sang Let it go the whole time. Nut. 

I promised him if he was good we would go to QT and get slushies for our throats. Because mine was on fire. However, I don't get strep--like ever. You could swab me with a live culture of it and I probably still wouldn't get it. I just chalked mine up to post nasal drip.

Sunday came and my throat was horrible. The pain I was experiencing was horrific. I felt like I had swallowed shrapnel. I couldn't eat, I could barely swallow a thin liquid. I went to the BBQ party anyway and talked way more than I should have...it kept my mind off the pain, until I got home. Then I died. Again due to the holiday I couldn't get into my doc until Tues where he said if I waited another day or two I would have given myself and ear AND sinus infection along with my laryngitis. AWESOME.

Now I am all about being crunchy and using Essential oils etc etc. But sometimes you have to call in the big guns. And my doc gave me a z-pack. Oh how I heart z-packs. You know within 12-24 hours you WILL feel relief, he even boosted it with steroids. {WHICH I HATE, they make me nuts, but at this point I will take nuts, over not being able to eat, drink, talk and swallow!}

I raced to Target and didn't even get out the doors before for slugging back my pills!



I then attempted to go to work and coach 3 yos with no voice. Thank God my boss is a jewel and helped! I was fading fast. I came right home took codeine cough syrup and passed out in my bed for 4 hours....I woke up at 9p when Chad brought the kids inside. {Ah, summer nights have started} And then proceeded to sleep until 6a this morning. I FEEL so much better. Still no talking---but that will come.


My sweet sister felt sad for me and brought me my favorite vanilla chai latte. I love her. That was sweet!!


In other boring news my sister and I have started working out again. It feels so good. I haven't worked out in nearly 7 months since I got my coaching job. It is just hard with my kids and kidzone time allotments, plus I am there so much I hate going back. HA! But my body needs to tone up a bit again---after all it is swimsuit season...so here goes nothing. I need this and I need to make it a priority again. Sweating feels good.


I also found time to get a few projects done, like scrapbooking {YAY!} and finishing a pillow for MW that I have wanted to do for 2 years.
He has this navy blue body pillow and all I wanted to do was put the word HERO on it. That's it. So I finally get around to it and go to iron them on and in pinterest fail burned a hole right through the pillow. Geez.

So then I now get to make a navy pillow case for it since apparently navy pillow cases are in style or something...what was suppose to be a quick project how now turned into a longer project.

But here's the finish product. I still have to sew the letters on for extra support, but I am happy.

1 project down 99 more to go.

And that my friends is my long weekend.
Hope yours was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...