Pages

08 July 2010

4 Stops, 3 Poodles, 2 Adults, 1 Toddler and a Honda Pilot

Did you know it takes 6.5 hours to get to my sister's house in Iowa? 7.5 with 4 stops. Wow! That is a LOOOOONNNNGGG way! And while it was completely worth it in the end, it was completely miserable enduring the trip.

This is Lo. She hates riding in the car as of late. Not sure what the change is, but we can barely make it to Target somedays (which is less than .5 miles from our home). It is frustrating. For weeks we had been dreading the long trip to Iowa. Not because we didn't want to see my sister's family, but because we didn't want to endure 6 hours in the car with Lo. Boy were we right. This child screamed at the top of her lungs no less than every hour for 10-20 minutes. It was awesome. Nothing worked, not snacks, not toys, not silly songs, not mommy sitting in the back, nothing.

Here she is looking content after our lunch stop at Chick Fil-A. Which she did not enjoy. I can't blame her. I mean it was good, but so are Wendy's chicken sandwiches...what am I missing?! I guess I don't get what the big deal is.


To make matters more fun we got to tote up an extra poodle. My mom's dog, Moeka. He ranked #2 worst car rider. He was all over the stinkin' place. He would not sit down and be still unless he was in my lap! Annoying.

Of course here is a pic of him and Toby "sleeping." That lasted 2 minutes.


Then there was Tuck coming in at #4 worst car rider (Chad said I ranked#3). :) He too was petrified and would only remain calm as long as he was in daddy's lap, mine would not do.

The two best car riders:
Toby and Chad. :)
This is actually Tuck and Chad


Here we are at stop #4. Aren't we a sight!


I about kissed the farm house when we arrived. I was so thankful to be done in the car. Lo was very happy to be re-united with her cousin and run around on the farm.



Day 2: Auntie Misa put her hair in piggies. She looked so much older, it made me sad.


Up next Day 2 of our adventure on the farm.


3 comments:

  1. Glad you got to see your sis...sorry about the not fun car trip. It made me shudder because I remembered riding in the car with Sophie when she was 4.5 mo old and we went all the way to Minnesota. YUCK. And I think it's funny that you were the #3 worst traveler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I'm glad you're not taking a break from blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so HAPPY you made it too!!! miss you guys!! LO is so cute reading that book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...