Pages

26 July 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Click on the picture to see other Miscellany Monday peeps.

The weeks are really flying by and it seems like it is Monday again before I know it. I have sort slacked on this, but now I am back. I know you all have been dying to hear all the random things that go on in my life. HA! So here you go.

1. Hi! My name is Michele and I have been off facebook for 26 days. 4 more days and I think someone should award me my 30 day chip. ::ahem all you doubters out there...:: It was and is actually way easier than I thought to stay off. I can confidently say I don't even miss it. Guess what my life can go on without everyone's status updates! Who knew?! I am still toying with the idea of shutting it down completely, but that may be a bit drastic. I fear though just like any addiction that once I log back on I will go straight back to my old ways. I know I am crazy, but these are my fears people!

Editor's Note: My little sister informed me last night, that when she babysat for us Thurs night she 'hacked' my facebook account and changed my status (we sisters enjoy this practical joke, but this time I didn't find it as funny)...so just for the record that was NOT me! I still haven't been on there.

2. You know how productive you can be when your life doesn't revolve around facebook updates? Well, I had this whole list to show you, but Lo thought it made a better paper boat in her splash table, so it is gone. Let's just say I am almost re-caught up with scrapbooking, I have read 2 books and starting on my 3rd, I am preparing to start Lo on potty training in the next month, the house is cleaner, dinners are prepared...well, you get the idea.

3. I just have to share this great tip about diaper rashes. This is just one of the reasons we are moving forward with potty training besides the fact that she seems very ready. Lo has very sensitive skin, I have battled diaper rash after diaper rash since her birth. They get so bad they are practically chemical burns on her little bottom. Anyway, oatmeal is a God-send. If you little one battles diaper rash throw some oats in the tub (yes, it is messy, but so worth it) and after a little soak the next morning her bum is brand spanken new.

4. I am a SAHM. We are always looking for ways to save $. My husband came up with the brilliant idea for me to cut his hair. People I don't even know how to do my own hair. I don't care if the clippers say "idiot-proof" this is not something I feel confident doing. Matter of fact, not 2 weeks before a girl was regaling a story about how her hubs makes her cut his hair and how she royally screwed up. So my confidence was soaring. However, he insisted I could do it! So I did.

Here is before: Please note these aren't the best pictures, but hopefully, you get the idea.


And here is after:


I am actually pretty proud of myself. It turned out better than expected and I actually like it better than when his regular hairdresser does it. However, I really wish I could learn how to groom the dogs, because that is where the really money savings would happen. They cost us $70 every 6 weeks to groom, that is $420/year!! Maybe that will be my next "project."

5. Finally we just got back from a fun weekend at the lake with friends. I haven't been to a lake in years. But that will be for another riveting post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...