Pages

27 July 2010

A Weekend at the Lake

This past weekend some friends invited us to their lake house for a mini vacay on the water. Personally, I could live beachside/lakeside for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy. The water is just soothing and so relaxing.



We left Friday afternoon and headed down, thankfully, it was only a 2h20min drive for miss Lo Lo sister. Now that her car seat is forward facing she did better, not great, but better and after the 6.5h car trip from you know where this was definitely bearable. HA! However, that evening as she went to bed she was a H-O-T mess! She screamed and cried for hours. This child loathes her pack and play. Finally, we let her sleep with us. She seemed just plain terrified. She snuggled as tightly to me as she could and it was a MUST to hold hands. If I wasn't so darn tired it may have been endearing. Ok I loved snuggling her. :) But she tossed and turned, turned and tossed. I have NO idea where she gets that from. ;) At one point she woke up and grabbed my face and fell asleep on my check. It was pretty sweet, except I could not breathe. So I spent 20 minutes trying to attempt the hug and roll. ::insert Friends reference:: Finally, morning came at 610AM! Seriously I had like 2 minutes of sleep all night. Chad he seemed well rested...I am not sure he even knew how much she had been up and down. Men.

Ok sorry for that bunny trail, but hey it is my memories. :)

Saturday we got up and headed to the lake. They have a really nice pontoon boat (is that how you spell that?!) and we just spent the day cruising around and hanging out on the "beach" and "cliff diving" for others. I was so proud of Chad because he actually did it! There was no way on this earth I would have done it! Lo hated the sand at first and threw a what is now typical tantrum about it. ::insert heavy sigh:: I MISS my sweet easy-going ever-pleasing little girl!! By the end of the day though she had the best time playing in the sand with her two friends. I love those girls...I never once had to step foot off the boat to "take care" of Lo. They did everything. Score one for mommy!


Finally by about 1:30p we decided Lo needed a nap, we were on our way back to the house when she fell asleep standing up! I guess being up all night and being in the sun all day finally caught up with her. She actually slept on the boat for a good hour, I was impressed.


Here are some highlights from our trip. Oh, and in case you are wondering she actually slept in her pack n play that next night HARD.



1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard right now, I hope I don't wake up Landrey!!! Your first paragraph has me rolling!! You and Chad would make one hilarious reality show. Seriously!!

    Cute post! Love all of your pictures...her sleeping!!...you and her and her mouth wide open!! sounds like you all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...