Pages

06 July 2010

These are my confessions

I know right now everyone is posting about their awesome 4th of July weekend. And I will too, in my next post. However, I learned something over my 4th of July weekend and wanted to share that first.

I, Michele, am addicted to facebook and blogs.

There I said it. Man does that feel good to admit and get off my chest. I have been feeling this way for awhile now, but like a true addict wasn't ready to admit out loud yet.

I can not tell you how nice it was this past weekend to start breaking that addiction. I was visiting my sister in Iowa and didn't have any computer access unless I used hers, which I basically refused to do, I needed the break.

You know what I found out? About my family!!!! Because guess what they are really the most important people in my life, not my facebook "friends." I use that term loosely because let's face it 90% of you are friends with me to "stalk" 'me and I you. HA!

Now don't get me wrong facebook is a great outlet and I will probably get back on at some point. But having this obsessive need to know what is going on in everyone's life like it will make or break mine is ridiculous! What I need is to FACE A BOOK! (HA! I saw that somewhere).

So I am saying so long to facebook for at least a month. I am sure my hubby, daughter and house will thank me for it.

Now for blogging I will continue to blog and check blogs. But I have got to limit it. You will not believe how I jump from one blog to the next. It is a problem. I get so wrapped up in people's lives and I don't even sort of know them. (I am not referring to my bloggy friends that I have made because I am getting to know you, it is the blogs you list that is my downfall HA!).

Now in my defense I don't have cable tv and the bloggy world is my "reality" tv. And let's be honest we are all more real on here than the crap reality shows they have on ABC. HA!

Overall, my point is simple. I need to spend less time in the virtual world and more time in mine. I have to recapture my precious time and spend it doing worthwhile things.

I know a lot of you probably feel the same. Hopefully, my confession will help you re-evaluate what is truly important in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...