Pages

29 September 2011

Blue.

On this day last year we found out our world was about to get rough and tumble, with the sweet baby BOY I was carrying.
Not going to lie, we were all completely shocked. I was just dead sure we would only ever have girls. A boy was just not even in my realm of thinking.

When the sono tech was searching around I remember seeing things and whispering to Chad "boy?" But then thinking no way, I just don't know what I am seeing. Moments later she confirmed it. It was a BOY!



My reaction was less than excited. I didn't want a boy. I don't know what to do with boys. Lo needed a sister. I may have cried later. I may have hoped the sono was wrong many times over the coming months, even though we had some pretty definitive shots.

The thing is I am so beyond glad this wasn't my choice to make for our family, because clearly I would have chosen girl. But God knew what He was doing when He gave me my Micah bear. The moment that little boy was born he was all mine and I can't for the life of me remember why I ever thought two girls would have been so great. If you don't have a boy {and a girl} you just won't get it. Boys do have a way of just stealing their mommies hearts in such a different way than their daughters do. My Micah bear captivated me and I would {but we won't. ;)} gladly take 3 more of him.


I still don't really know what to do with a boy, but I am learning and loving every minute of being a mom to a beautiful girl and handsome little boy. Lo was made to be a sister to a brother, just another example God knew what He was doing. As if I should ever doubt.


Thank You God for turning my world Blue {and Pink}.

1 comment:

  1. Chele, I love your heart. You're such an amazing mommy. I'm so glad you had Micah bear and that you got one of each! :) God knew what he was doing... and I'm thankful I have you to ask questions of... which I'm sure will happen SOON! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...