Pages

17 September 2011

State Fair 2011

Ah, the State Fair. A family tradition we have held onto for most years. This year it was so great to have my sister's family home to come with us. I would like to say it was fun, but honestly I feel like I didn't even go. My sister and I spent most the day either nursing our boys or wrestling them {ok that was just me}, thanks to my mom I only had to do it half the time. Either way, I felt like the day was a complete blur and saw and did nothing. Lo and Lan's on the other hand seemed to have a blast with papa.

{Photos of the day}


The birthing center is our favorite, sort of felt bad for that momma cow in labor, but then I remember I did it twice, so get over it. Of course I didn't have hordes of people staring at me while I labored.

The girls had a blast riding a real pony, this was Lo's first time on a horse.

So for lunch I ate this most delish red velvet funnel cake. It was to die for and I hate fried food. Best part of the day.
Lo could have stayed in this kid's corner all day, put on by awesome K-Staters.

On a side note I met this really cool mom while sitting on a park bench watching Lo play in the fountains. Sort of bummed I never thought to get her details, because I would give anything to talk to her again. We shared the exact same story about our boys. Both spitters, slow growth, reflux, dairy issues, SAHM with a very fussy baby etc. She was full of great tips and advice. I can't tell you what it means to me to find someone that truly truly gets what I am dealing with on a daily basis and I don't even know her name. I hate when I get looks or eyes when I "complain" about my son's issues. Anyway, I love meeting people that just get it.

As usual Lo LOVED the splash fountains. This year I was prepared and brought extra clothes.
My mom was dying to take Lo on the rides, but she really was still too short for most of them, maybe next year. Anyway she settled for the carousel.
One very.tired.little.girl. And my only pic of the day. HA!

We finished the day with my cousin's boy's 2nd Birthday!
Look at my cute Mouseketeer.

PS to see another side our our State Fair Fun, you can click HERE to see my sister's blog.

1 comment:

  1. I've missed stopping by but have been consumed with caring for my sick Daddy.

    Looks like a fun day at the fair and I think it was the Kansas State Fair. We were in Dodge City last week visiting our daughter and family. They moved there in May. Ugh! :o)

    Hopefully things will level out with litle Micah very soon. I know it is a never ending job. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...