Pages

24 February 2013

Bierock Casserole Recipe

Recently I made biercok casserole for my daughters birthday, per her request. I offered Chick-Fil-A, but she insisted on the casserole. Lots of people have been requesting my recipe, so here you go.

Please note that I cook like Rachel Ray and just guesstimate on ingredients...really is there any other way to cook?! HA!

Bierock Casserole

Ingredients:
1# ground beef
1 roll (1#??) of ground sausage. I get mild, but that is your call.
onion
1 pkg of coleslaw mix/greens,
sharp cheddar (I have subbed other types of cheese b/c that is what I had, but the sharp cheddar makes it the best!)
2 tubes of crescent rolls or the sheet kind of dough (I prefer the sheet kind)

Directions:
Pe-heat oven to 350F
In a  greased/Pam 9x13 pan put 1 pkg of crescent rolls/or sheet dough on bottom of pan. I poke holes in it with a fork to keep it from bubbling up. (Your welcome)
Bake the dough for 10ish minutes just to slightly crisp it up, does NOT need to be fully cooked.
Meanwhile, boil the coleslw mix. I have no set time on this, when it smells cabbage-y it is done. Drain Well or it will make your casserole soggy.
Brown both meats together with some chopped onion if you like.
I drain excess fat off the meats.
Then combine the cook meat with the well drained coleslaw mix with 2ish cups of cheddar cheese (the amount that comes in a small bag--we shred our own, so I just guess.)
Mix it all up and dump on top of the partially cooked crescent rolls.
Then top with the other tube of crescent rolls.
Bake for 20+ minutes. Want the top dough to be golden brown.
Serve and Enjoy.

Note I prefer the sheet dough b/c crecent rolls triangles are hard to smooth out and not make a big wreck of it, but it can be done, just work with it.


Let me know if you have questions. Sorry no pic...I just never think to take  pics of my food. Ha!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...