Pages

25 April 2013

Gymnastics {Micah Style}

Ah, my little boy finally in gymnastics! My heart swells with pride. And to be honest he has a natural knack for it--just like mommy, more-so than his sister. Leighton is most likely going to be my dancer unless she works much harder at gymnastics, sadly she didn't inherit my mad strength and zero fear for gymnastics, but we are hopin' she got Auntie Meg's dance skillz.

Back to Micah. I know some may think it is girly, but it is anything but. Chad and I are both firm on the fact that our kids, whether we like it or not, will pursue the sport/art/activity they find joy and ability in--not the one we want them to choose. Even if MW wants to become a ballet dancer then we are 100% supportive---which the way he loves to watch Lo dance could be a possibility. All that to say I can't stand when parents, especially of little boys, want to say "girl" sport or "boy" sport. They all require skill and talent.

Here we are waiting to go in! He is so excited to have mommy and Micah time--no sissy allowed. I worried he would be that rambunctious boy that would run around and NOT follow instruction  like his very well-behaved sister, but he has blown me away. One of the best kids in the class! Way to go buddy!


Flashback. Lo was 19 months. They just look the same to me.



His favorite thing...JUMPING!!!
And more jumping...

And more jumping...{off the beam}

Oh, and I can't forget climbing!

Another flashback!! Lo (18 months) terrified and MW running!

I have loved doing this class with him! Next month is swim lessons, but we will be back to this in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...