Pages

18 February 2014

It's My Party {Leighton's 5th Birthday}

You know every other little girl in the world is requesting a Frozen birthday, but not my Lo Lo Sass. She wanted Care Bears. An Oopsy Bear {the green one}to be exact. 

The invite that I designed. 




 Chalk Art fun. I have a little project going on with all of these. And that should be a crown on top of her head, but came out looking more like a flower. :/


For her party we decided to keep it to just family and do things she wanted to do. You don't turn 5 everyday.
Up first was ice skating. Had she ever been ice skating? nope. That isn't going to stop her. HA!
 Mommy is a natural. It was like riding a bike for me. Too bad. I could have rocked that Sochi stage. :)

 Then there was this. Pushing little kids around the ice. Not that easy. MW finally decided he would try and then proceeded to tell me once we got on the ice to "let me go. I do it by myself!"

So I did and he promptly fell on his tookus. Kids with hard heads have to learn the hard way. :)

 Then I spun around an nearly dropped us both! Whew! Still on my feet!
 Meg and I had to take a few kid free laps! This was probably more fun for me than anyone.
 Then off to Chick-fil-A for dinner and home for cake and homemade strawberry ice cream! {Oh my word. I don't even like ice cream and I could have ate my weight in that stuff!!! YUM YUM!!}

The cake. It's a care bear not a gopher! This was my first go at fondant. I made a marshmallow fondant, which was super easy. But I had a hard time getting it on the cake without breaking. So I finally gave up and pieced it together, if you look close you can see the seams. Oh well, I know I am not the cake boss and don't plan on having my own bakery, so it's fine. Lo said it was better than the picture {the inspiration photo from pinterest}. It isn't, but that made me feel good!

This was the rainbow center. Now this impressed me. I wasn't too sure how this was going to work out during the whole baking process, but when we cut into it. It looked amazing!! Everyone was blown away by it. :) Go Michele it's your birthday, wait no...anyway.

 Gifts. We are really really really trying to dial back the gifts the kids receive.
This year she got a rainbow loom, ears pierced {mommy and daddy}, Frozen Dvd {pre-order}, How to Train your Dragon Dvd, $$$ and rollerskates. Perfect for this little oopsy bear! HA!

 Had to toss this in here. He is looking SO BIG himself. These two are nearly the same size at 2 years apart. Plus, MW doesn't wear pants.ever. The first thing he does when he gets home is take off his pants {even BEFORE his shoes!} Meg talked him into shorts. HA!




 She has been living in these roller skates. We can hardly get them off her feet. These were super cool. Thanks Grandma Rachel

 Finally able to test them outside! Should be a fun spring!

Peace Out. 
Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...