Pages

17 February 2014

Lo 5.0 {Watch Me Grow}

Saturday marked your 5th year of life.
I can't believe the time is moving so quickly. You are growing up to be a beautiful, independent, sassy little thing. As I was traveling back through your life via my pictures, I realized while you have grown not too much has changed since day one.

You hate sleep, you have fought since the moment you took your first breathe. I remember that first night in the hospital they only way I got you to sleep was in that boppy curled up next to me. Now you just wander into our room and curl up next to me and daddy. {Although, knock on wood you haven't done that in nearly a month!} You hate napping and you fight going to sleep every.single.night. I wonder if you will ever be a sleeper?! Teenage years?!?!!?

You love playing baby dolls. Holy moly I have picture after picture of you being a little mommy. This has probably been your "go-to" play activity for as long as I can remember. You love your baby Juju and poodle to pieces. You will be a wonderful mommy someday.

Your fashion sense. You have a flair for fashion and being fashion forward. Since you were able to dress yourself around age 2ish, you have had your own ideas about clothes and what goes together. Weird since mommy can't seem to dress herself. Very seldom do I have to intervene with my veto card.

You have always loved gymnastics and dance. You currently love gymnastics more and are getting so good at it. Might have a little to do with mommy being the coach/instructor. 

You have always possessed a good sense of humor. You got jokes like daddy. 
On Friday I asked you to let in Thatcher {our puppy}. You disagreed.
M: Lo please let in your dog.
Lo: Um, pretty sure he is not my dog.
M: pretty sure he is and that you wanted him.
Lo: Pretty sure you were the one crying to get a dog, so he is yours.
M: Just let him in! 
That girl doesn't miss a beat. Very little has ever gotten by her. With a clever mind like that I am worried about the teenage years.

You are an independent learner. You have always just learned on your own. Some days I feel as if I failed you in getting ready for kindergarten; however you always blow me away with what you know and learn on your own. When you are ready you will master it. It has taken me sometime, but I have learned I don't need to push you. When you set your mind to it nothing is impossible.
Case in point--learning to ride a bike this past summer. Gymnastic skills are flowing now. Etc.


And finally you have always had quiet the attitude and bossy pants. Oh the drama you bring to this family. Again, not looking forward to the teenage years and when the hormones are in full force. But on the flip side you can be the best, kindest, sweetest, most thoughtful and caring girl I know. You can't teach thoughtfulness, you just are born with it. That is one the greatest things I love about you--the caring, thoughtful heart. Don't ever lose that quality.

You are a wonderful little girl and you will grow up to be a wonderful woman someday.

Now on to our yearly interview. This was done in 2 parts because Tucker decided it was very important to alert us that daddy was home. So you are welcome that I didn't subject you to that. :)

Pt1

Lo 5.0 pt1 from Michele Keethler on Vimeo.


Pt2

Lo 5.0 pt2 from Michele Keethler on Vimeo.



Montage of Photos. 
I mean really...guys I can hardly stand it. My baby is five.
{Newborn}


 {5 months}
 {one year}

{15 months and going to be a BIG SISTER!!}
 {18Months}

{one of her last days as an only child!!}

 {2 years}
 {2.5}



 {3 years}

{4 years}


{4.5 years}


FIVE!!


Happy 5th Birthday Baby Girl!!
We love you with the Fiercest love!


Stats:
Ht: 3f 4.5in
Wt: 31#
Shoe: 9-10
Clothes 4T/5T tops (moving over to Target girl section!) 4t pants


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...