Pages

04 February 2014

Jake and Sophia

Last Friday?!?! 2 Fridays ago?!? I don't remember I have lost track...I took the kids to see Jake {and the NLP} and Sophia {the First} along with my neighbor and my MIL. Poor daddy he had to work.

To open the show was Doc McStuffins for a brief 5 minutes.



We don't have cable. Like zero, zilch, nada. We use an antennae to pick up free basic channels and use Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu to fill in the gaps. Unfortunately we don't get a ton of the NEW Disney shows, such as Sophie the First and Doc McStuffins, but you all know how we LOVE JAKE!!! So needless to say my kids were less than impressed with the first 1/2 of the show. They bordered on bored. Plus, Lo, is so not a princess girl. No matter how much I try and push her to like them, she just doesn't. She is a tomboy in a tutu what can I say.

Here are some pictures from the big event. This was better than going to Sesame Street again. I feel like they have both outgrown Elmo, so this was a nice change.

Pre-show.






 Ladies First, or Sophia the First to be exact...


 Bored.


 Bored.
 Bored.
 Way bored. {notice her friend who loves Sophia compared to Lo HA!}









 Really?! When is Jake coming?!?! {On a side note I found those Jake glow sticks in the Dillons clearance bin for 99cents each. Take that $30 snow cone "collectors" cup. The kids were thrilled!}
 I mean really mom where is Jake?!?!


Finally Intermission. Bring on JAKE!!
 After Sophia was over the lights went up and all the kids were confused and upset Jake hadn't appeared. Being the loving and kind mother that I am, I told them "I guess Jake isn't coming, time to go." Oh man if 4 yo looks could kill. Thankfully a quick "just kidding" saved my life because I was about to get a pre-K beat down.
 So we killed the time with selfies on my iPod. This is LoCo, the pre-K duo.
 Then of course what show would be complete without smuggling in snacks?!
 Mommy and MW selfie.
 Mommy, MW and Grandma Rachel selfie.
 Let's get crazy.
 YAY! Jake is starting!!!

 Yo Ho Ho!
 Finally something I can enjoy.


 Eyes full of wonder and amazement.







 I am loving this!!!





 So Lo what did you think of the show?!
GOOD-BYE friends. See you next time!! {Hopefully they come back?!!?!}

BYE JAKE!!

 I WILL MISS YOU!



This was super fun. I love taking the kids to these live shows. It was even more fun going with friends and my MIL. Wish daddy could have come, maybe next time.



1 comment:

  1. I have a 5 year-old girl who IS a princess girl and she was even bored with Sofia! She has every Sofia known to man and just didn't like it! Both my kids (I also have a 2 year-old boy) LOVED Jake! It was overall a fun show. I don't think it was as well done as the Sesame Street Live shows, but it was worth a fun night out as a family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...