Pages

27 February 2009

Birth Reflection

You were born on:
February 15th 2009 @ 1127p

You weighed:
6# 10oz

And your length was:
18.5inches

After much thought, you were named:
Leighton Olivia

The first thing I thought when I saw you was:
How beautiful you were and how much you looked like Meggie (my sister) when she was born!!


The hardest part of the delivery experience was:
Was not getting to hold you immediately after all that carrying, laboring and pushing!

The easiest part of the delivery experience was:
My labor went fast and thanks to the epidural I felt nothing, well once I finally got the darn thing 3 hours later...

What surprised me most about the delivery experience was:
That I was actually in labor! My contractions were NOTHING like I was told they would feel! We went to the hospital not sure we were even in labor!!!

This is what happened the day you were born:
We got up and went to church as usual, I started having contractions (but I had been having contractions for 2 weeks...so didn't think much of it!) I felt sick all day and couldn't eat. Then my lower pelvic region and back really started hurting. When I couldn't sit, stand, or walk I called my mom and she said "go to the hospital" 6 hours later here you were! The Full Birth Story is HERE

The big world events of the day were:
I saved the local newspaper.

What I can't wait to do with you:
I am enjoying every second of your life. But it will be so much fun watching you grow and reach your milestones! I can't wait to go to the park, movies and shopping with you! I Love You baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...