Pages

10 August 2009

Time for a Change

I did it! After around 2 years of growing my hair out, I cut it! Cassy aka Sage Leichner (but she will always be Cassy to me) is an awesome hair dresser ( I hope that is the PC thing to say, not sure :) ). She graduated from Eric Fisher Academy about a year ago and now works at Mary Kate and Co here in Wichita. (so if you are looking for a fun, talented and great hair dresser she's your gal, just ask for Sage NOT Cassy! ;) )
Cassy took a class from the Vidal Sassoon this past Sunday and needed a hair model. So what new mommy who is stuck in a rut and needs a change could pass up a free hair cut from the best! So I did it. I was excited and nervous (not about Cassy, but just the change in general.)
I had the best time! It was so fun to catch-up with Cassy and to watch all these amazing professionals do what they do best: HAIR! While, I know it isn't easy to cut and style hair, and at risk of sounding like a moron...who knew so much technique went into it!

So here it is:
BEFORE




AFTER
3 hours of sitting in a chair this is the finished product! (note: Cassy doesn't normally take this long EVER! She even said how as a student it wouldn't take this long... but as classes go the Vidal Sassoon instructor had to make the rounds and instruct on technique and give advice and tips etc...thus, why it took so long.)


Back, and Baby Leighton approved!

Side view: My bangs were cut in a very block like sharp fashion. Vidal is known for edgy, trendy looks that look really cool, but are not everyday functional for "real" people. She has the pic of that...maybe I will get it from her sometime.
So Cassy softened up my bangs before I left. Which I like so much better...I am just not THAT cool people!


The Front.
Baby Girl seems to still know me and likes it!

It is so weird having short hair again! But it feels good and I am so glad I did it...now, if Cassy could come over and style my hair everyday I would be set! ;)
Thanks Cassy for a great day! I had bunches of fun!

9 comments:

  1. i like the new "do"! I actually just asked my hubby the other day if he would mind if I cut mine too. I'm ready for a change as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!!! I'm so glad you did it! :) You look so "hip" and "cool"! Even with the softer bangs lol - way to go, you brave soul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks adorable!! I love how it lays in the back! Cute Cute and good decision!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE! I really like it. Cassy did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, but you know that cute baby of yours kind of steels your thunder in the pix's!! But I really LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And after years of keeping mine short I've decided to grow it. It'll get long and then I'll decide I need a change and cut it all off again!
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a cool haircut! You look awesome with either haircut, but it's great to have a new do!! It looks like Baby LO is already into the hair thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chele thanks for all the props - you're too sweet! I had so much fun with you, thanks for being my guinea pig:) I want to see you again with your baby girl SOON! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michele, thanks for the great bath-time advice. We've also heard that sitting in the bath w/ him could help; make him feel a little more "secure". ??
    We are on a routine with him, so unfortunately him taking a bath EVERY night hasn't sunk in. He won't be defeated - at least that's what I think he's thinking!! The funny thing is, as soon as we start taking his clothes off before his bath, it's like he knows what's coming so he already starts crying and screaming. :(
    The ironic part about it is he'll probly LOVE water and swimming later on and never want to get out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...