Pages

17 May 2011

Baby Dedication

On Sunday, we dedicated Micah.


It was a beautiful ceremony challenging us as parents to focus on the kind of man you want your son to be when he walks out your door in 18 years. Focusing on the end puts all those daily raising challenges in perspective, because in a flash it won't matter how many of hours of sleep you lost, because now they are gone. I want to make sure I take all the teachable moments I can and develop both my children into godly adults. Dedicating your baby isn't about salvation, that will come later, but asking you as their parent, their grandparents, family and friends to commit to raising your child up in God's teachings and ways.

Lo dancing around on stage before the service.

Our children's pastor gave a brief message and then they played a video and put up all the babies pictures to bring us up on stage. As your baby's picture came up, you were to make your way to the stage, where you were greeted with a white rose. Their were 60 babies being dedicated. Our church is booming with kids!


I am so thankful for our amazing church and the amazing kid environments they have; it is a nice accent to what we as parents should be doing with our kids. As the pastor said they have 40 hours a year with our kids and we have over 3000+ teachable hours at home with our kids. I pray I make the most of those moments and am challenging myself to be intentional with the time I have.

After the dedication vows and prayer we headed off to a cookie and lemonade reception. I was so thankful that all the grandparents were there {little bummed I didn't take a picture of that} to take part in Micah's dedication.
The best I got of the grandparents.

My personal challenge is to:

1 Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. 2 Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God. Eph. 5:1-2

I watch how Lo imitates everything I do and one day so will Micah. My prayer for myself is to imitate the only ONE worth imitating. In order to raise a godly adult I must first act like one.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...