Pages

02 May 2011

Miscellany Monday

Ready for a truly random Miscellany Monday?

1. Who got up to watch the Royal Wedding on Friday? Not me. Only because I have a newborn who gets me up all night long as it is. I did seriously contemplate it though, but sleep won out. I was banking on the fact it was taping...nope. We have the worse dvd-r. Unless you stand on your head and jump up and down on one leg it won't tape. So frustrating.


Anyway, I caught every highlight I could find. I was all about it. I thought Kate looked stunning, and classic. If it were me, I would have channeled the Grace Kelly look too!


2. Am I the only one who thinks the name Pippa (Kate's little sister) is adorable? Granted that is just her nickname, but nonetheless, if I were (and I am NOT!) to have another daughter that name would be a serious contender in my book.



3. Have you all seen or tried these bottles yet?


MW will NOT take a bottle to save my life. I have heard of these and at the suggestion of a friend am going to give it a try. They are supposedly suppose to mimic how the breast functions, thus making the breastfeeding baby's bottle of choice...we shall see...

4. So here are my newest thoughts on selling our home:

I just watched last week a news segment on "staging your home." I do all of the things suggested, except I did not re-decorate my home to a neutral pallet. Seriously, do people really do this? Do they really go around and re-paint all their walls and change decor just to sell their house? My guess is NO!


I realize I am not "in the biz" and have no real statistics to prove otherwise, but for me when I walk into a home as long as it is A) clean and B) decorated nicely, whether that be modern, Tuscan, cottage, or neutral I am sold. I love to see others decor and style. I am not put off by the fact I may have to invest in a $20 can of paint to put my stamp on my new house. Matter of fact it may inspire me to keep it as is I am always looking for great decorating ideas.

Plus, on top of all that I still have to live in my home, not a magazine photo set. Who wants to live like that for months on end? So I want my home to be my home as much as it can be while enticing buyers.

5. Can someone please tell my why some pampers swaddler diaper packs have the pee line (it turns green when wet) and some don't? It doesn't matter what size of diaper or size of box I buy, it is like finding the golden ticket when I open up a new diaper box and see these diapers have the line! I don't know why I like the line, I just do. Micah can go hours with out peeing and it helps me know for sure before I take the diaper if he needs changed.

Told you completely random. :)

Join in on all the Miscellany Fun. Just click the icon below.
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

9 comments:

  1. I also love the name Pippa! Not only does Kate's sister seem so fun, but I think it makes me think of Pippy Longstockings from my childhood. Unfortunately, I can only imagine how many Pippas will be born in the U.S. over the next few years. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Royal wedding!! I too love the name Pippa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pippa is stunning - what a gorgeous sister combination! I love your blog, so glad I found it through MM :) Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love the name Pippa too!
    I have Leighton on my list of baby names, even though I'm not pregnant and have no plans to be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Royal Wedding and would love to watch it again!! I love the name PIPPA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i noticed too that not all the swaddlers have the line, wierd!!

    pippa reminds me kelly rippa, that's what regis calls her!

    i'm with you on the painting thing. i'm totally able to see past the color on the wall, unless it's pretty crazy and might be hard to cover up. or wall paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And another thing about the Grace Kelly/Kate Middleton resemblance. Check out the bouquets. They are almost exactly alike!
    Rachel <><

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think everyone loved Pippa, her name and her charming looks. She was adorable!

    I'm with you on overly staging a house. That's a bit much if one is going to continue living in the house while it sells. Duh!

    So glad you like the ideas I've shared from my Grandchildren's projects. I'm sure the recipients of yours will love them just as I did.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Think Pippa will be a popular girls name now...and I drew comparisons with Grace Kelly and Kate too. Just found your lovely blog via a blog hop. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...