Pages

24 May 2011

God is in the Details

I am in awe of how God cares for the details of our lives.

I have made mention as of late that we are moving and our house is SOLD! And while that is so awesome, how it all came about and where we are going is more awesome to me, God never left our side in all of this and as usual my stressing and worrying was all for naught.

Let me start at the beginning.
8 months ago, in September, Chad and I got this idea to move to what I affectionately call "Mayberry." We got a realtor and started the process. We found a house we wanted and were this close to writing a contract on it, but when it came time to list our house, figure out financing etc the numbers just weren't in our favor. Believe me I didn't get it. I talk a little bit about it here. It seemed so perfect at the time, God led and then boom, God slammed the door shut.

Fast forward to January after MW is born. While were we live is doable, we could clearly see we were out growing our home. However, after our attempt in September failed I just didn't see how we would yield any different results this time. We talked and prayed about it. One of the two houses that we wanted back in September was STILL on the market, so we decided to go for it. This time using a different realtor.

As life would have it, that house sold five minutes before we could do anything about it. We talked again and decided to just proceed forward with selling our home anyway. If it was God's will it would all work out and their would be another house and if it wasn't we both were completely content staying put!

Our house officially went on the market February 28th. Talk about stress. I thought I was stressed out doing it in September with one kid, try 1 toddler and a newborn! AH! For the first week or two nothing. We were discouraged. By week 3 we started averaging 2 showings a week. While this is awesome and everyone had lots of positive things to say about our home, there were no takers. In the mean time we kept looking for houses, never finding too much or if we found something we loved it was generally bank owned and therefore took no contingency offers. We had to get our house sold.

I was starting to get very discouraged and beat down by the process. I realize that our home had only been on the market maybe 6 weeks at this point, but it was a lot to deal with. A new baby, keeping my house spotless {which isn't my strong suit anyway}, and looking for a place to live. I was ready to give up!

Then on May 4th, 9 weeks later we had a contract! While this was beyond exciting, it was so overwhelming. The contract offer came in asking for a closing day of May 27th. We had no where to go, Chad was still working, how was I going to pack with two littles etc. Needless to say I was very emotional. We were able to push off closing until June 15th giving us some time to find a place to live, otherwise, we were moving in my in-laws.


While I was beyond thankful for that option I still wanted to have our own place. My greatest fear was coming true: Selling our home with no where to go and I wasn't convince {since the market was turning} that we would find a place in "Mayberry" in our price range giving us what we needed/wanted. I literally was in full on panic attack mode. Bottom line: I wasn't trusting God in the details.

That weekend we went out seriously, hard-core looking for a home. We didn't want to jump into just anything for obvious reasons. Everything we thought would work didn't. Until our awesome realtor pulled this house out of her back pocket. It was a house we would have never seen if it weren't for her. It seemed like there was no way we would be able to get it, but it was perfect for our family.

Long story shorter by God's grace all the details surrounding this home fell into place and we were able to put a contract on this house. This house is so great for us and it has pretty much everything on our "in our next house list." We close on both houses June 15th and while it is still all a tad stressful and emotional; it is worth not to have to drive to "Mayberry" over andover andover again. ;) {That is Chad's clever joke...}


I am learning, STILL, to trust in God and to STOP trying to take the wheel out of God's hands, because once again He wants the best for us and is always working even when it seems like He isn't.

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11



PS we are getting some pretty good neighbors too! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yea! That looks like an awesome house! I drove down the street you named but there were lots with signs out in front. Now I'll know! Congrats! Oh yeah, I get Chad's joke. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am just so excited for you Michelle! Isn't it amazing how God really does look after every detail of our lives. I am so happy for you and know that this is going to be a wonderful home for you and your precious family. Have a joy filled week and take a few deep breaths and the move will be behind you. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...