Pages

21 September 2010

The Blessing Box




God has been working in my life big time.

ONE.
Some of you may know that we were hoping to move to "Mayberry." Where my hubs works and we always seem to play. Everything seemed to be God ordained in my mind. Then the door slammed shut. I was so heart broken and down. Not because of the house or the move, but because I felt that the move would get me more involved in "life." I feel so isolated here. I feel like I have nothing to do, but sit at home. I just couldn't understand why God shut this door.

However, moments after the door shut, God began working. We were invited over by some of our friends for dinner and our girls to play. I finally broke down and realized I could join the Y in "Mayberry" and that it truly wasn't that far to drive. Another friend invited me to MOPS out of the blue and I have had several play dates since. I feel blessed. It was me hindering God working in my life. Buying a house in "Mayberry" wasn't going to fix anything. While we still hope to move there one day today wasn't that day and that is ok.

TWO.
I love when God shows you something and He continues to point it out until you "get it" and/or just keep it in the fore front of your mind. The other day I just really felt like I needed to work on my kindness to my family. I lose my patience so easily and I don't want that to become a continued pattern.
Then the very next day I went to the Beth Moore Simulcast and guess what she spoke on?
KINDNESS! Seriously, get out. Then Sunday (the very next day) our pastor is leading a marriage series. The topic was on fighting and responding in kindness to one another.

Ok I get it be kind! :)

Thanks for joining in my super long winded Blessings today. May you have a blessed day!

4 comments:

  1. i love when God makes something just so so clear to you!! : ) I'm so glad He is showing you his plan and you are content with it! Thanks for linknig up : ) Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you via The Blessing Box today :)

    I love Beth Moore! Somehow she always seems to speak to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm visiting via The Blessing Box. I've heard great things about Beth Moore- I will definitely have to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,you have such a sweet spirit and I just know that in time you are going to get to Mayberry. :o) So glad that you went to MOPS. I was the leader of a MOPS groups for several years and just loved all "my girls." It's a great group for young Moms. Blessings to you for a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...