Pages

09 December 2011

5 Minute Friday

Ok I am going to try this five minute Friday thing. I always have so much jumbled up in my head and think "oh that would be a great post topic" and then when I sit down to write it is all gone. stupid mommy brain, that or I think "no one cares what you think." But then I remember this is my blog and I can write what I want to! HA!

I have been thinking a lot about parenting. I have read several new mommies blogs and some of their "rants" are hilarious to me. One because some of them had this preconceived notion that mommyhood would be blissful and easy. HA! Wrong. Mommyhood sucks, in a great way, but it is tough and it isn't for sissys! I don't fault them I thought it too. I am exhauasted, I haven't had a good night's sleep in a year and it doesn't look like I will be getting one anytime soon. Plus, as moms we have this idea that we can make our children be this perfect, little bending to our will person. Newsflash, they have their own wills and like to assert it quiet often even at the tender age of 11 months! It is a constant reminder to die to self every.single.day. However, I am asking Santa for a two week by myself vacation. Think he will deliver?! Yeah, me neither, but a girl can dream.

Wow. Five minutes goes by fast! HA!
Well until next time!

1 comment:

  1. You probably gathered I take way more than five minutes!

    yes, mommyhood is tough. I had the same preconceived notions and thought SAHM's had it made. NOT!! And strong will, you haven't met Whitney yet. that child and I clash wills every day!! tear my hair out!!

    yes, you can write whatever you want!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...