Pages

16 June 2012

17 Months {Watch Me Grow}

Micah Bear you are 17 months. Nearly a year and a half. How is this possible. I just love you. You are really becoming quite the character and make me laugh all the time. Here is all the cute stuff you are up to this month. {Albeit with nearly zero pictures to show for it.}

from one of our playdates with Ginger. Aren't Ezra and MW so cute?!
 

Language Skills:
New words, although the shorter list would be the list you don't say. :) "'ello," "gi" {grammy}, "papa," eet {eat, also signs this}, "ellow" {for yellow}, "bite," "car." You also say short phrases which I think is fabulous. You love to yell "I alk" {I walk} every time we get into a store, you protest the cart. It would be fine if you were like your sissy and held our hand and stayed with us, when she was your age, but NO! You are off running like the wind.
You also say "I du dum" {I want some}; "oh duce" {oh, juice}, "in da otty" {in the potty}; "I urn" {I turn}. I am sure there are more I am forgetting...
You also know many animal sounds. One day I will have to get those on video. So cute. You know cow, dog, duck, bear, kitty cat, and dinosaur.

Yes this is happening.
 For those of you who know me/follow me know I potty train early. I strongly believe it works and more importantly can.be.done. To me it is no different than pushing your kid to learn their ABCs and 123s by age 2, it's all about priorities and this is mine. We haven't officially started yet, but we play around with it a lot. Just keeping it fun, before the real fun begins {I have a process and so far it has worked both times with both genders, maybe I could write a book}. HA!
Every day I ask him "Micah, where do we put our poo-poo?" His response: "in da otty." {Which for the record is far more than Lo could say at this age, so we are +1 in my book.} :) And then he runs to the potty, puts the potty seat on and sits there "trying." {Again, way more than Lo was interested in at this point...of course she is helping the process because he wants to be just.like.her. So another win.} :)

Loves water and sprinklers.
 
Eating: Not much has changed here. You love to "ippy ippy" {dippy dip} your foods in sauce or soup.
Fun fact: You don't like green grapes, only the purple ones. 
Sleep: Still pretty great in this department too. Still taking that morning nap from about 845a/9a-10/1030a. You are up for the day by 630/7a, nap #2 is around 1245/1p-245/3p, and beddy bye is 7p.
But here's the problem...you have addicted yourself to the paci at 16 months. Way.to.go.momma. At first I thought it was a fun toy. You and your sissy like to "play" with them, or so I thought...I knew your used your Nuk cup as a paci to a degree and that I was fine with, but then it got all gross and had to be pitched and I couldn't find a replacement...so you did, the paci. Win-win right mom? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What on earth am I going to do...don't answer that.


Favorite toy/book(s): You love books and are starting to let me read at least 1 page before you hop up and run away. Favorite toy is hands down the slide. We will find you in the playroom by yourself just going up and down the slide all.day.long. Oh and of course the ottoman is another favorite toy to climb. Up, down all.day. It will be a miracle if you don't break your other arm on it.
 

Anecdotes/Quirky things you do:
*One of my favorite things you do right now is push, pull and drag me to where you want me.
*I love how you hug my legs and bury your face in them, even though you are being all clingy momma's boy.
*You can be such a love bear and you are pretty empathetic towards people. One morning sissy was in trouble for only God knows what this time. She sat on the floor sobbing and sobbing, you came over to her, sat down and patted her legs and hugged her. As if to say "I know we got these crappy parents who like to enforce these so-called "rules," but it's ok, I am here for you. I can get up extra early tomorrow to pay mommy back if you want?!"
Or something like that, either way it was terribly sweet.
*One word you don't say yet is "yes." So in order to get you to shake your head yes, I put my hands on either side of your face and did the motion for you. Now, just like your sister did when we did that to her, you put your hand on your face to make the "yes" motion. It's like our own made up "yes" sign. Very cute.

Temperament: Every month I hope I am going to get to write you are chill, happy, and relaxed. But another month has gone by and that just isn't the case. I think it is time I admit to myself that this really is you and your personality. You are who you are. And that is a willful, strong, independent, firey, yet loving, tender-hearted sweet bear. I wish I could put my finger on who to blame for this personality, but it just isn't coming to me...hmmm...maybe by next month I will have it figured out. ;) But like I said you are sweet. You think your sister hangs the moon. You love her and hug her all the time. It is so precious. I love watching you two.

Stats:
Ht: 29in {mommy guesstimate}
Wt: 20#
Clothes: 9-12m
Shoes: 4
Diaper: 3 swaddlers


Happy 17 Months Micah Bear!

3 comments:

  1. Will you please potty train Talia?! I'm. 75% serious. It could be more research/field testing for your book. :) Also, MW is right--green grapes are gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just in awe of him, I heart him so much!!
    My thots...who does he take after, I just see so many ppl in him, he is so CUTE on that potty and go you for being consistent (tips are helpful for this momma when you are done), you had me dying laughing with talking about that story with empathy and Lo--I am positive that is what they must think;) and lastly, I cannot wait till next weekend!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That "potty" picture is for sure the one you need to keep for Senior pictures, he will be in awe when it comes up in front of everyone at graduation !! (of course we hope he will be completely potty trained by then)......"Nailed it" !!!!!!!
    >>>Papa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...