Pages

25 June 2012

Miscellany Monday

Wow. I feel like so much has been going on. Most days my head is spinning with all the things I want to get done on my summer improvement list. It is great having Chad home to help me get these things done; either by using a hammer or just watching the kids so I can create my projects.

Some of my summer projects complete/in-progress:
1. I finally got my kids' growth chart hung and completed. I absolutely love it, and currently one of my favorite wall spaces.

I made the growth chart from a 2x4, white spray paint and a brown sharpie.
 
  

I order the vinyl wall decal or wall tatoo as Lo says from here.
 
 {Enjoy the Little Things for one day you will look back and realize they were Big Things}

2. I am re-doing MW's room. I never really got the chance to decorate a nursery for him. Mostly because until a year ago he had no room, thus no nursery to plan. But I made due and made it a nice space, but just decided it wasn't what I really wanted. So now onto a big boy room. I am excited. This is my inspiration as I am still in the working phase. :)



3. Clean the carpets! Oh my this has been high on my to-do list and I finally got it done. Professionally clean and sparkly carpets. It lasted maybe 20 minutes before MW came home and puked up red goldfish. :( I have learned when he teethes he pukes. Don't get it, but it is just what happens.

kids wrestling around on the nice clean carpets.
 

4. Rid our upstairs toilet of the ghosts. :) Check. This bathroom has been a thorn in my side since we moved in. It is so embarrassing every time you flushed it screeches and lets the entire house know someone was in there. I don't know why this took me so long,  but I finally just looked in there and figured if we changed the filler thingy inside maybe the ghosts would leave?! Well, Chad did, and the ghosts are gone. Yay, quiet potty!! (as Lo says) It's the little things that float my boat. :)

On another yet related note we have lived here ONE YEAR! In some ways I feel like we have lived here forever and I am so grateful for it. We seriously feel blessed to be here and surrounded by such a great neighbors. Love it!

Leighton is just really coming into her own more and more. Her ideas, thoughts and memories just slay me. She has now decided that Toby, our poodle, must now nap and sleep with her. She loves it, he loves it. Toby is now in the routine and when he sees her heading to bed he quickly follows, if not beats her in there. It's sweet.
My tomato plants are finally getting tomatoes!!! Woot! Woot!!

This weekend my sister and her family were in town for their son's FIRST Birthday. It was a fantastically, adorable party. While she was here she asked if I would take some family photos of them. I said yes. I am not a great photographer by any stretch, but it was fun and I think we got some good shots in spite of my lack of skill. It is motivating me to learn how to shoot in manual mode better. I don't want to have a photog business or anything, just want to be able to take great photos of my favorite subjects. :)

Anyway sneek peak of their session.
And to tie up this random post a few of my favorite pics from father's day. We had a lovely bbq to celebrate the wonderful men and dads in our lives. Chad is one great dad, he always gets the kids and loves to just play on their level with them.

These two are two peas in a pod.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Loving your inspiration for MW's room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so THANKFUL for your skills and you are one amazing editor!! YIPEE so happy for some family photos:) These will be our first best ones of a family of four:) You rock!!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE that as you grow chart on the wall! So cool!! And a great memory!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...