Pages

28 June 2012

Kairos Moment at 2AM

My kids have been sleeping through the night forever, well Leighton forever, MW since he was about 10 months. Anyway, without fail anytime I am scheduled to work one of them if not both decides to get up in the middle of the night, thus requiring love and snuggling to ease their fears. Resulting in mommy getting no sleep. Most of the time this annoys me, momma likes her sleep. Last night I was struggling with sleep anyway, just as I felt like I had hit a REM cycle I hear this shrill scream/cry. I immediately jump out of bed, Chad is still very much snoozing away, men; and rush to Lo's room thinking it was her. She is dead asleep. Weird. Then I hear it again, so obviously it was Micah. I go into him, help him find his paci and stroke his face and head hoping to lull him back to sleep. No dice.

Now normally I would just make him cry it out because that is just how my kids roll, they hate being rocked. However, for some reason I decided he just needed me to rock him. I settle in and start rocking and stroking his head. A few minutes in I hear Lo stirring and crying out. Great. Now both of them are up. Umm...Chad hello are you coherent?! No. Great.


Lo calls out momma? I am in here baby. That sweet girl just walked in and climbed up into the rocking chair with me and Micah. Micah was so happy to see her and they both just hugged and snuggled each other while I rocked and cuddled them. For the first time in eons, they both just laid still and let me hold and rock them. Together. I could have stayed there all night. One of the best 2AM moments I have had in awhile. Karios moment for sure, I didn't even mind after I finally got everyone back to bed that Lo sneaked back into our room to sleep with us, albeit sideways. I sort of can't wait until Micah does that someday. Late night snuggles are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...