Pages

30 January 2012

Kairos Moment

The other day I blogged about Kairos moments. It is based on THIS post. Kairos time is God's time, time outside of time if you will. Those moments when your day stops and you really see your kids, your spouse, your world for what it really is. The moments that you want to freeze frame forever. That is Kairos time.

My day to day is boring, mundane and sometimes hard, who's isn't? But I want to try and occasionally capture those Kairos moments here.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday morning Lo came barreling into our room bright and early at 630a, as usual. I scooped her and her 19 babies into bed and snuggled down with her hoping to catch just a few more peaceful moments; instead Leighton grabbed my face and whispered:

"Mommy, you are kind, you are smart and you are important to me. I love you soooo much."
{since discovering this quote from the movie The Help, we like to say it to Lo, no child can be told that enough and evidently I need to hear it too. :) }

As if that weren't enough, a little later she added :

"Mommy you are so beautiful and cute."

Then she leaned over to daddy and whispered: "I love you so much daddy."

Perfect start to the day. I just wanted to lay there and snuggle her all day. Kairos moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~
The other day when I was perusing my digital scrapbooking sites, I found this page that I can't wait to "scraplift" and make my own. What a perfect way to capture some of those Kairos moments, with the post as the backdrop. Love.



What are your Kairos moments? I would love to hear them. I think this would make a great series.



2 comments:

  1. Love Love this blog! Grammy is going to take a little credit for the You are Smart, You are Kind, You are Important quote. I wish I would have done that with my girls, from the beginning. Grammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard this and I love it! Thanks for sharing your Kairos moments with us. So, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...