Pages

03 February 2012

Home Sweet Home Tour {Micah's Nursery}

I decided that it was time to just post what I have of Micah's nursery done, because in reality this is as good as it gets. I have decided that I have a new plan {read: room makeover}.

I feel badly because I feel like he got the short end of the stick. I planned and worked so hard on Lo's room, not once, but going on 3x now and his room is sort of "tossed" together. I didn't know what I wanted, boy stuff is hard for me. Compounding the issue was he was to share a room with Lo and I wanted the room to blend. Then we moved. I found his bedding at Target and loved it {as characterized bedding goes--not really a fan}, but it was reasonably priced, so I went with it. Now that I have had time to dream, plan and pin, I have decided to go a whole other way, a room that can grow with him,  but I can't really do much until he gets into his big boy bed; which is probably at the very earliest 1 year away...so with out further ado MW's nursery tour.

I am clearly in love with giraffes. This was my inspiration picture if you will. I have had it for years and knew it would be perfect in his room. The rocking chair is 30+ years, please ignore. :)
Here is close up of the bedding. The giraffes and bright colors sold me.


I made this mobile from paint chips and free handed the giraffes. It is done a little haphazardly, sometimes I get a little to impatient with my projects. :/

Meet Fric Frac, named courtesy of Lo. My MIL brought this over one day...can't remember where she found it or got it, but he has become quiet the friend of all children who visit.

I made this "I love you" sign as well...still debating painting the frame.


Fianlly his name letters I painted. 

Overall, I am just thankful he has his own room and I don't think it turned out badly, I just wanted more.

And here are the inspirations for his future room. Totally different color scheme and just a little bit of everything boy. Sports, music, giraffes :) and things go vroom. :)





Love the Union Jack stuff and British feel. What can I say I am British girl stuck in an American girl's life. :)

And I love this idea of tracking the kids' growth in a classy way...this project is on its way to completion!





Source: samanthapynn.com via Michele on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. well I love it!! You did so good! His big boy room will be amazing too! You do such a good job with your crafts and I still think his Name letters are the BEST ever!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...