Pages

29 May 2013

Little Red Riding Hood

Last Friday my MIL treated us to the Children's Theater at Crown Uptown. She was suppose to come with us, but unfortunately a funeral was the same day. :(

This was so.much.fun. I think I actually was more excited and had more fun than the kids. I remember doing this once upon a time when I was in grade school, but the memories are faint. The staff was so friendly and happy. Perfect for kids! The lead us to our table and showed us the buffet line.


 The beautiful lobby. Not that you can tell, but trust me the whole place was so vintage and lovely!

We enjoyed a delicious kids lunch of hotdogs, mac 'n cheese, chicken nuggets and fries. Well, it wasn't that great, but the kids loved it!


The Stage. It was just so lovely in there. I want to go back just Chad and I sometime for the grown-up plays!


Leighton is into photography and wanted to snap a picture of the stage. MW walked in her shot and she said "that okay, I saw my brother and I wanted him in the picture!" HA! What a hoot.

The show was Little Red Riding Hood. It was about 45 minutes long and the actors were phenomenal. Their voices were beautiful. They ran around and interacted with the audience. At one point Phineas T. Wolf was chasing Red and she huddled up next to Leighton for protection and when that wolf got close. Lo screamed and JUMPED! into Daddy's arms! It was so funny. And had that had been MW it would have been melt down terror central! That kid hates dressed up characters.
Speaking of MW he did really well. He just loves to watch anything play out before his eyes. I loved that he just sat in my lap and watched, almost to the end. HA! He did get a tad restless 3/4 way through.

Leighton then met all the actors and got all their autographs! She thought she was big stuff! We all had so much fun. Can't wait to do it again sometime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...