Pages

30 May 2013

Throwback Thursday

I was on my FB page and stumbled onto this questionnaire I filled out right after Leighton was born. I wasn't a blogger back in her early days and so a lot of these things never got recorded. So for Throwback Thursday I thought I would post it. It is probably incredibly boring to you all, but priceless to me!


 1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Sort of, I just stopped taking the pill about 1.5 YEARS before I got myself knocked up. We just waited to see what happened of course nothing for quite awhile, but it was all in God's perfect timing!

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes, four and 1/2 years

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Sheer excitement! I mean it took so long to get pregnant that I couldn't believe it! I called the doctor right away to get a confirmation. I just sat and cried tears of joy!

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that would EVER make me even consider abortion! NOTHING!!! 


5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
I was 25 when I found out

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Pregnancy test. I did it first thing in the morning thinking that it wouldn't be positive again, even though I had all the symptoms, but when I did a double take and saw those two lines I about died!!! 

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
I wanted to tell my hubby in a special way and I had been planning ways all along, but when the time came all I could do was to run out of the bathroom to tell him. I did maintain my composure long enough to ask him "look at me from the side, do I look different to you?" He of course thought I was a nut and then I whipped out the pregnancy test and then all of our excitement set in!

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
YES! Although, while ppl may laugh at me I knew it was a girl from conception! And of course I was right!

9. DUE DATE?
February 27th, 2009

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Yes, there were moments I thought I would die! Luckily no vomitting for me...just severe nausea.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Sadly, I never really had any cravings. I would crave foods after I had them. For instance one day we went to Crackle Barrel and I had blueberry pancakes, and for like a month I craved blueberry pancakes! 

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Nothing/No one 

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Girl

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No I really just wanted a healthy baby! And I did want a girl, but would have been just as happy to have a boy!

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
26 pounds

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
yes, 3


17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew about all but one of them! My small group surprised us one nite!

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
I had early on bleeding and a low lying placenta which had to be checked again around 30 weeks to determine if I would need a C-section or not. Thankfully, my pregnancy turned out perfect!

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
VCRMC-ST. Joe---Wichita, KS

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
I was in off and on again labor for about 2 weeks prior to actually having her. I was making a little progress each week, but nothing to put me into full on labor...I am what you call a 'slow starter' Anyway on Sunday the 15th I started having contractions again at church, of course I was use to that but somewhere during the afternoon around 2 the pain in my lower pelvic and back was so intense I couldn't sit, stand or lie down...again not thinking that this is what labor or contractions should feel like I resisted going to the hospital, until I called my mom crying and she forced us (well me) to go! They kept me in "observation" for 2.5 hours where I finally went from a 3 to 5. They offered me my epidural!!!! They barely got that in and going (seriously 45 minutes later) I was at a 10 and they started taking the bed apart and said it was time to push! An hour later Leighton was here!!! I think my labor and delivery was easier than the whole pregnancy! 

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Chad (hubby)

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Just Chad and the biggest team of Dr. and nurses I have seen!

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Natural

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
EPIDURAL!!!!

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
6 lbs., 10 oz.

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
February 15, 2009 . . . about 12 days early

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Leighton Olivia

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
12 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...