Pages

05 June 2013

In Jesus' Arms

Yesterday early morning my great grandma passed into Jesus' loving arms.
Death is always hard, even though she had lived a long, wonderful life, it is still hard to say good-bye.
Everything becomes so final--until we meet again in Heaven.

I wonder what that moment was liked as she went from this life to the next; seeing her husband and her son again, and then of course seeing Jesus face to face. I can't imagine.

Right after I got the news, I tried to keep my composure, because I hate telling my kids why I am crying. I turned on WAY FM and the first song I hear is "I Can Only Imagine."
It's moments like that, that I know our Lord and Savior is real and HE cares. He speaks to us through the ways we hear best. For me that is music. So I broke down.

I feel bad we didn't see her enough. I knew I would regret it and I do.

I have so many fond memories of her-
Trips to Braums
Playing Skipbo
The way she said "Hi Sug" or "Honest?!"
Making me sit and listen to boring sermons
Spending the night and making popcorn.
Her laugh and smile.
How she let Melissa and I keep the bunny we won at the State Fair.
Her jewelry.
Her manicures.
How she loved the Lord. She use to say she wasn't going home until Jesus came back and here lately I was starting to believe her. I am glad she is home now, in no more pain, no more suffering, and no more tears.

Until we meet again.
I love you Grandma 'Denia!"

I made this page just a week or two ago. I stumbled upon these pictures and just knew they deserved a special page. I am so glad I did this because it would be harder now. I guess something in me knew...
 photo 5gensDec2012copy.jpg


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...