Pages

20 June 2013

Funeral

On Monday June 10th, we laid my Great Grandma to rest.
It was a hard day, yet while tears streamed down our faces our hearts were also at peace and filled with joy. We know she is with Jesus and kneeling in His presence. How awesome is that?! I can't even fathom. This Earth is amazing, but honestly, I can't wait for my turn to see Jesus face to face. You could feel His presence throughout the day, bringing us comfort as we grieved, yet letting us know she is home.

My cousin flew home and asked me to sing with her, but we kept it a secret until I walked up on stage with her.  It was so fun to see everyone's faces as they listened to our surprise. We sang my Grandmother's favorite Bill Gaither songs--He Touched Me. Now while this isn't my kind of music, it was an honor to sing it at her funeral. It gave my cousin and I something to look forward to and focus on.




My Grandma always had her nails done. Always. Her favorite color was a pink/mauve tone. So in honor of her we asked all the ladies and girls to paint their nails pink in honor of her. Photo of my mom, me, my sister Meg and Leighton.
 All the Great Gradkids minus my sister Melissa's 3--sadly she had just given birth 8 weeks ago and traveling that far with a newborn wasn't feasible. She was there in spirit!! This is the best we could get.
 Leighton {and Landrey, Melissa's little girl} are the only girls. Lo was obsessed with getting the flowers!!

Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...