Pages

08 April 2009

Back To The Womb?!?!

Some of you may know from reading my facebook posts that Leighton has this great need to be held ALL the time, thus making it very difficult for me to get anything done around the house. I mean basic things like taking a shower, eating or doing the laundry! Shortly after she was born at the suggestion a friend and fellow mom I purchased a sling. This way Leighton stays close to mommy and mommy's hands are free to work around the house. Leighton seems to love this contraption for her it is like being back in the womb! She even pulls her hands up close to her face and falls asleep. Just like in her sonogram pictures. Well now that she is 11lbs it is getting harder to tote her around and it is killing my back, but I guess like they say "no pain, no gain." Shoot who needs a gym membership! :) Anyway here are some pics of the "womb" in action!

Here I am making dinner! I am going for the "I just took a shower natural look." :)



See she thinks she back in the womb! :) Look at those little hands.

4 comments:

  1. AWWWW so precious! And you look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! Leighton is so cute! I liked your motherhood post - isn't it nice to have moms be honest about the hard work?? I love the "womb"! We registered for one just like that, so I'll keep your experience in mind! :) Keep up the "virtual scrapbooking"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Michele. The first couple months with an infant are overwhelming and hard but so, so much fun. Hang in there! It looks like you're doing a great job! You're doing good with the blog, too. Enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I randomly happened across your blog and was browsing your posts. I know this is a really old post, I just want to let you know this sling has been recalled related to several infant suffocations. I know you're pregnant again so PLEASE get a different sling and throw this "bag sling" away. Not only has it been recalled, but it was notorious for being super uncomfortable (as you mentioned). I personally LOVED our sleepy wrap until my DD was 15 lbs, then we switched to woven wraps (which are awesome for nursing in, but have a bit of a learning curve but are infinitely versatile) or mei tais or soft-structured carriers (NOT like a bjorn, those are bad for their hips/spine, but brands like ergo and beco can be used from birth - toddlerhood). I still regularly and comfortably wear my 22lb 19 month old :). Anyways, just wanted to warn you about the infamous sling rider :-/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...