Pages

07 April 2009

In the Motherhood

Maybe it breaks the stay at home mommy rules but I hate Oprah! I hate listening to her talk about things she has never experienced as if she has. However, yesterday's show about "motherhood" was very encouraging to me as a new mom! It had real moms telling real secrets about being a mom and how it isn't as easy as it appears. It made me feel encouraged that I am not alone in feeling like a failure! I love my little girl but these past several weeks have been incredibly trying for me. Leighton not only has colic but struggles with a spastic bowel as the doctor calls it causing her to scream out in pain as gas moves through! She spends most of the afternoons crying unless I am holding her, so there is no rest for either of us. The doctor has prescribed some medicine that seems to be helping the "spastic bowel" situation.

But there have been a lot of great moments too! She is starting to coo and "talk," she even laughed a couple of times! :) Leighton is becoming more active with her play gym and bats at the toys and smiles at herself! She is just so incredibly precious to me and I can't believe how fast she is growing up!! It makes me never want to leave her!

Here are a few pics of life over the last 7 weeks!

Our birth! February 15, 2009, 6lbs, 10oz, 18.5inches


Our 1st St. Patty's Day


Get the ladybug!


"I did it!"


6 weeks old!


Meeting our cousin Landrey Jo Jensen born April 2, 2009 9lbs 4oz, 20inches

"Don't worry Landrey, I will show you how the world works...I am your big 7 week old cousin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...