Pages

16 April 2009

Turning the corner

My sweet precious baby is 2 months old! Where has the time gone. I honestly don't feel like I have been her mother that long in some ways, but in others it is as if life never really began until she was here. Most of you who know me and follow my posts know that my journey into motherhood was not as "easy" as I had hoped. Perhaps because I was naive in thinking it would be or was misled by who knows who...hollywood...?!?! ( I tend to need to "blame" someone :) ) I have seen mothers with their babies out and about while their child angelicly slept through EVERYTHING! Only crying when needing to be changed or fed.

So needless to say in the beginning I felt like a COMPLETE failure, like I was doing something wrong, because my sweet daughter was far from perfect. She cried at everything, and sleeping less than a grown adult. Nothing I did seemed to make it stop! I felt like I could never leave the house because it was safer inside where only I could hear her cries, I didn't want others to judge me like I was a bad mother! It is sad I felt that way and it has been so encouraging to hear from the "other" mothers with babies like mine and to know I wasn't alone in feeling the way I felt! I am someone who doesn't want to air my "dirty laundry" out for all to know, but I feel it is important as moms to stick together and encourage one another in this monumental task of raising children because it is far from easy, even if you do have "perfect" baby!

However, the reason for my post is that I feel as though I/we are finally turning a corner! I feel like I am turning a corner in NOT feeling like such a failure as a mother and knowing that this is a phase that we WILL get through. But also that Leighton is turning a corner. We are going on day 9 (not including Easter Sunday, when I DID screw up!) of "happy baby girl." To me this what having a baby should be like for everyone. She is sleeping more (perhaps a few more hours than a grown adult...but I can't complain), and she is playing more and typically cries only when needing a feeding or changing! Shoot we even ventured out to Wally World yesterday and she fell asleep while shopping! Absolutly amazing! I just continue to pray that we are moving out of the colic phase and permanetly into "happy baby girl" phase! I know there will continue to be ups and downs but knowing I am not alone makes it easier to handle!

I just want to thank those of you family and friends who have continued to encourage me and shared your stories with me! It means the world to me and I hope that I can be an encouragement to others as well with my adventures in motherhood!

Now for a pic of my 2 month old baby girl. She is always looking at mommy...so she and daddy get good pics b/c I'm holding the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...