Pages

15 November 2009

9 Months

I think I am coming to realize I don't have a little baby anymore. She is just growing up so fast and I don't particular care for it!

Here is what we have been up to this month:

* Leighton has become such a chill baby these last few months and it is GLORIOUS! After 18 weeks of straight colic (and only those of you who have had a colic baby can truly understand what I am talking about here) it has been such a wonderful reward!



*She has gotten two teeth back to back and other than seeing them poke through (and a horrible diaper rash) you would have no idea she was teething!

*Lo is just developmental growing leaps and bounds (not physically...more on that in a minute).
She is walking all over the place with her walker toys and around the furniture. If she would just trust herself I think she would be off, maybe next month?!

This is the walker that was part of the exersaucer!! (I heart 2-in-1 toys)!

While we are "chill" most of the time we do have our major melts when we are told "no."
I think it is funny when her face gets all puckery and sad, then she squeezes out the BIG crocodile tears (I know I shouldn't laugh but it is funny).

I just really am in awe of how we come into this world full of sin. Even our precious little ones. No one teaches them how to toe the line or manipulate it is just innate in us. So now parenting begins. Prayers welcome! :)

*Leighton has entered the clingy phase. Only mommy will do, not even daddy gets many hugs without complete meltdown. She will grasp my shirt, necklace or hair in a death grip to keep from leaving me. It is endearing to mean that much one person, but sometimes my back needs a break. HA! God bless the church nursery and my family who watches her when we are away!

Our 1st tractor ride w/ uncle Kreg.

*Lo is in my opinion saying Ma-ma when she wants me to come get her. This is the only constant sounds she makes. The rest is just weird raptor noises.

Let the baby proofing begin :)
See all those toys...and she wants my pictures! oy!

*She is so loving and affectionate. Sometimes I ask for a kiss and I get it! She even let me rock her in a rocking chair for the first time the other day!!

*Naps are just all over the place some days good (ie 1.5 hours) and other days not so good (ie 30 min. or not at all). Still sleeps through the night even when we had our first cold!

Our hair is finally getting a bit thicker! Yeah!!

*Nurses 3-4x/day and Eats cheerios at breakfast, fruits, veggies, and cereal for lunch and dinner. Can eat her weight in puffs and yogurt melts.

Visiting Great Great Grandma.

However, with all that eating she has lost weight.
Her current weight is 14# 9oz (1% wt/age) Down 1.5-2# from last time oops!
Height 25.75 in. (4% ht/age) We finally grew after 4 months!
Head circumference 16in (0%) Tiny head...which I am still glad about ;)

Here we getting ready to leave for the Drs. on this cold day!

Overall, she is appears healthy! I am not worried. We have been from one end of the spectrum coming in at 11# at 2 months to the other now 14# at 9 months. She is just a busy, active girl. But we will go back in a month to re-check.

Anyway, thanks for checking in with us on our 9 month update!

Happy 9 months baby girl!! We love you!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Michele, She is adorable!! I think she is just losing some of her "baby" fat. Now you can say you have a "little" girl! :) She sure is growing up!! From her stats, Katelyn and her are about the same size! K is 14# 11 oz and 25 inches long. I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has the cutest clothes! So funny how I read this and just have to nod and smile. Sophie was walking at 10-1/2 months. She didn't really crawl. Starting at about Lo's age now, we just had to help her walk everywhere. Talk about a backache from bending over, holding little hands half the day! And I totally understand the mama's girl thing. Nathan was sad because she only wanted ME! And even the size thing...Sophie started life in the 90-some% for everything and then started going way down. I'm sure your girl will just be tiny like you are! As for the dramatic meltdowns...yep! And so continue the lives of our twin girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharla's comment made me smile because when i read your post I thought of Sophie. Lo is adorable as always! It's so fun to watch her grow up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...