Pages

20 November 2009

Show Us Your Life: Pet Edition

This week at Kelly's Korner it is all about the pets!

I love dogs!
When I went away to college my heart was so sad because I couldn't take my poodle, Buddy, with me.

Then I got married and DESPERATELY wanted a dog, but all the dumb apartments had a NO PETS ALLOWED rule. (I think it is dumb...I am sure it is proven that college kids are more responsible and do better in school if they have a pet! :) ).

Anyway, Chad promised me that when we moved back home we would get an apartment that DID allow pets...and we did!

I was then able to bring my beloved Buddy to come live with us. Those of you who know Buddy know he was a very mean and aggressive dog most days of the week. We tried so hard to break him of his aggressiveness, but after 7 years nothing was changing. Where was Cesar Milan when I needed him!! Sadly, we had to put him down. This was and still is a gut wrenching decision for me. I am tearing up just thinking about it. Matter of fact I hardly EVER think of Buddy because it can still bring on uncontrollable tears. The decision had to be made because we wanted to start having babies and Buddy and a small baby would not mix.

In Loving Memory
Buddy James
March 1999-April 2006

A few days later we got Tuck! Another poodle! He is loving (well towards balls) and a great companion. Tuck is under the impression he is part human and really wants nothing to do with other dogs per say. HA!
He was our baby forever. We had no idea it would take us so long to get pregnant. Then when we did we feared Tuck would be overcome with loneliness. (Stupid perhaps, but we truly believed it!)

Our 1st "family" photo

Tuck with his "Mini-Me"
So when I was 8 weeks pregnant we picked up another phantom poodle, Toby! (they are actually 1/2 brothers).

Toby is night and day different than Tuck. Toby is the dog I always wanted. He is my lap puppy and snuggle bunny! (Not even Lo let's me snuggle her...a mommy needs snuggles.) Toby is also THE BEST pup with Leighton, he lets her pull his ears and "pet" him all she wants and never "complains!"

Meeting Tobias he fell asleep on my shoulder and it was LOVE!

Toby LOVES the outside even when it is SNOWING!

While there are plenty of moments I question where my hormone levels were at when I made the choice to get another puppy, I have never ever regretted it! We are all one big happy family!

Tuck even secretly loves his baby brother!

Now if you are an animal lover then hop on over to Kelly's Korner and check out others pet stories!

2 comments:

  1. Michele, I almost cried too reading you post!! We love our fur babies too!! I LOVE looking back at these pictures you posted, they are so cute and I am so glad we have these dogs in our lives!! It does make a happier home, for us anyways. There have been so many times when I have been in a bad mood and of all things piper makes me smile and comforts me with his ears!!
    Cute post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad about Buddy. But yay for your two black doggies! And a big one isn't so bad...though ours is pretty low maintenance. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...