Pages

10 November 2009

The Story of Us

We moved into our house 3.5 years ago. And since then I have been turning this house into our home. I get closer all the time to having it decorated just the way I want it. Thankfully, Chad indulges me and gives me free reign.

While most the spaces and rooms are done, I have struggled for 3.5 years as to what to do with all this blank space. I searched high and lo for pictures, wall decor etc. But to no avail found anything I liked.

As usual I never get a "before" shot...but you get the idea.

Since having Leighton I realized I had no pictures of her on display and that had to be remedied ASAP! So 9 months later here we are.

It all started when I stumbled upon this frame at Dillons Marketplace 6 months ago...


Then I had the stroke of genius to use this vinyl lettering to create "The Story of Us."

"The Story of Us" has been a phrase I have used all through out our relationship.
Our 1st scrapbook is entitled "The Story of Us" as well as our blog. I just love the idea of our story unfolding and want to look back one day over all the ups and downs, twists and turns and know we love each other more and are the better for it.

Anyway, THANKS to my great hubby who dangled over the stairs to get this all hung and put up for me! You rock!

(I seriously wish I would have taken the pictures so you could see this ladder he was balancing on to do this for me!! I was too scared and short.)

DONE! Putting vinyl lettering on the wall is a very tedious process and I was super impressed at his patience in working with it.


The finished product! I really like how it turned out and hope to watch the collage grow!

1 comment:

  1. I really LOVE it chele!! You guys did a great job!! Tell Chad he does rock for doing that!! I cannot wait to see it in person!!

    What more could a mom want than their child taking up all the wall space. Sometimes I feel like it is a little overwhelming to others but you know what it is my home and I spend the most time looking at those walls and I think it deserves my daughters face on it...after all I work 9 months to create that face might as well enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...