Pages

02 November 2010

24 Weeks {aka Watch Mommy Grow}

How far along: 25w 2d (I am just so behind, it has been a busy few weeks!) Sort of the theme with this pregnancy. He will be here before I know it, now that the holidays are hitting.

Here I am with Baby Boy Q at 24 weeks. Honestly I think that tunic makes me look far more ginormous than I am, but oh well.

Here I am with Lo at 25 weeks. So much smaller I think.


Total Wt Gain/Loss: don't know around +7-10 I am guessing?!!? Not too thrilled about this, b/c I gained only 2-3# with Lo at this point. It wasn't until after the holidays that they could even get weight on me. Plus, I work out like crazy, so it must be muscle tone...right?!

(PS I know you are rolling your eyes at me Melissa, but I don't care I don't like it!) ;)

Maternity Clothes: Definitely wearing, especially pants!

Best Moment thus far: Is it bad I don't have one? I have been so overwhelmed with all that is going on not only with the baby, but just busy doing life, I have hardly paid any attention to what is going on inside. But Chad did start feeling Baby Q move a week or so ago.

Gender: BOY!

Movement: He use to move around like crazy, but now I hardly notice any movement at all. Matter of fact last night I was laying in bed wondering when the last time I felt him move was (it was that morning, but still you would have thought there would have been other movements in the day), but again I have been swamped these last few weeks going going going, that I haven't stood still long enough to notice...Did that happen to you guys?

Milestones: Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes. ~(courtesy of thebump.com)

Food Cravings: Apples.

What I miss: My brain. It is official gone. Mommy brain + pregnancy brain is not a good combo! :)

Sleep: Lately it has been good. I wear myself out by the end of the day I am ready to sleep!

What I am looking forward to: Nothing really. Just soaking up our family of 3 right now. I will tell you what I am not looking forward to and that is the Glucose test that they will be giving me here soon. Yuck! And all I have to say is I better not fail it this time!

Belly Button: Completely popped out. It is so embarrassing!

What I learned at my pre-natal visit: Haven't gone yet. :/ (It is scheduled for this week) But every time I go, I don't come home with the best news {mostly ambiguous}, so can you blame a girl for not wanting to go.

Symptoms: Other than the constant stream of braxton hicks contractions I get about every few days, I feel good.

Interesting things that happened/anecdotes: We are trying to settle on a name, but it is hard. This is such a big decision. When we picked Lo's name it was like the angels sang and we knew it was perfect. We have names, we try them out, but nothing seems "right."

Any suggestions on boy names? I like plain and simple, nothing to crazy or out there.

I had to bust out my "bump pillow." It is nothing fancy, just a very old pillow that is practically flat, it gives just the right support to my belly, plus as I flip flop around it stays with me unlike those fancy ones!

Back when I was pregnant with Lo, I took a pic with my two sons. I use to laugh and wish I was pregnant with a boy, so I could say "My Three Sons" like that old TV show....well, now

I AM!
Here are "My Three Sons!"
Tucker, looking less than thrilled about another baby coming! HA!

6 comments:

  1. You are so cute, Chele! I got a big laugh out of My Three Sons! Thanks for sharing!

    Love ya, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!! I have been thinking I feel less movement lately too, maybe they are busy sleeping and growing! Cute update, hope you get good news at your appt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable!!! You really are!! Cannot wait to meet baby R!!!!!!!

    p.s I was rolling my eyes just a bit!! Remember how much I weighed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful! I will be praying that this weeks appointment yields much happy news for you all. Ummmm boy names are hard. Luckily we knew what we would name LB before we were even married since it is a family name. I really like the name Isaac or Isaiah for boys, but my brother has already taken Isaiah so we won't do either. You can always go through old family names and pick one. I really love older names, like from back in the 1920's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your update and you are just too cute pregnant. But, come to think about it, I've not seen you any other way, bet your cute unpregnant too. :o)

    Good luck with the Glucose tolerance test, they are no fun.

    Love the photos! Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEA! I did it I finally figured out how to add a comment...Love you and baby R???? Do I get to help with the name? or does Misa know something Grammy doesn't know. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...