Pages

08 November 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. Most of you know one of the long list of reasons I have for not having any more babies is because I can NOT have two boys. period. I am barely adjusting to the idea of one. :) I come from all girls, it is all I know, and my experiences when two or more boys are gathered is never good! HA!
Did you know God is funny? And God loves to constantly show me His sense of humor.
Just because biologically/anatomically my daughter is a girl, doesn't mean she isn't all boy! This girl gets in more scrapes, scuffles and accidents then any boy I ever seen! She is fairly fearless (a known boy feature) and doesn't look before she leaps. So am I getting two boys?! Looks like it!

Oh God, you are so funny, I can hardly contain my laughter.

I know this picture doesn't show it well, but she has a cut under her right eye, after falling off a piece of equipment at the park. A nasty black and blue bruise on her forhead (her hair is covering it), due to same fall and finally a scar under her left eye from falling from a chair and me scratching her trying to "save" her. OY!
And that is just her face.


2. I am pretty sure we will NOT have our son named by the time he is ready to come into this world! Why is this so hard?! I can not bring myself to commit to any name, or they just don't seem like the "right" name for our son. I love and like lots of names, but nothing fits.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I had the PERFECT girl name and now I am slightly sad I will never get to use it. Or maybe it is because as my husband said "boy names are boring...just pick one."

Can't say I am not trying. I checked out these 3 books to help me find one!!!



3. HP7 {Harry Potter 7} is out in 11 days and my sister Meg, Chad and I see it in 13 days!!
Many years ago we started a family tradition of seeing a Christmas Day movie. Many years ago Meg was 11 and there weren't many options, so we went to HP1...I wasn't too excited about it, but by the end I was enthralled. The three of us all started reading the books and looking forward to the movie's premiere. When HP2 came out Chad and I drove all the way from Manhappenin' to take Meg to it {as a surprise}. Thus, starting a beautiful tradition.
Now crazily enough it is my baby sister Meg who is driving down from college to go with us!!! Isn't that crazy?! Anyways so excited. Although, generally speaking the movies ALWAYS let me down, but it is still fun to go!


4. This just feels like such busy month, and I am already worn out and ba hum bug already. I feel like I would like to sleep for a week to finally feel rested, but we all know that won't be happening. Part of me feels like I have a small bout of flu, from the flu vaccine no less. {I know they say that is impossible...but that is how I feel!}

Miscellany Pic: Check out that pony tail?! It makes her look WAY too old. I am not ready for her to be so grown up.

2 comments:

  1. You make me laugh incredibly hard!! You and Chad are hilarious!!

    That pony is adorable, but does make her look too old!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michele! I am a friend of your sister, Melissa's, and had to comment on your number 1 here. I can totally relate to your feeling of "not wanting a boy." When we were pregnant with baby #2, I DID NOT want to find out the sex. Honestly, it was b/c I was afraid they would say it was a boy and that I would be disappointed. I really wanted another girl and I didn't want to feel that disappointed feeling if they said it was a boy. I figured if we just waited until the delivery room, then how could I be sad with a sweet baby in my arms?? Well, we had the sono and we told her we didn't want to know, but I could tell! My husband wanted to know, so I went ahead and let him in on the secret after a few minutes. When we met with our ob afterwards and she asked if we found out, I started crying. Seriously. I really thought I was only cut out to raise girls. But... I quickly found out how amazing life is with a little boy! I've said several times that I am so glad God knew I needed a little boy, even though I thought I wanted another girl. I have a hunch that you will be great and that in no time you will be thinking the same thing... "I can't believe I thought I didn't want a boy!" Good luck the rest of your pregnancy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...