Pages

25 November 2010

Thankful

Today is the day of Thanks. Today is the day people in the States stop and remember all they have to be grateful for in their lives; you know before they shove a bunch of food down their throats. :)

I too have much to be grateful for, I do try to stop once or twice a month and participate in Blessing Box to list out some of the things that I am blessed by, because thanksgiving to God shouldn't come just once a year.

My top 10 things I am thankful for this year {however, they are in no particular order}:

1. My family-a husband who supports me being home with our daughter (and soon to be son). A beautiful, healthy and vibrant daughter who fills my days with joy. Another baby, a son. Extended family who is always willing to help babysit and support us in everything we do.

2. Our home. Earlier this year I was really upset and angry about not being able to get into a newer home in "Mayberry," but really I have come to realize that the home we have is enough, it keeps us safe and warm, so what more could you really need. ;)

3. Freedom and all our troops who fight to keep that right.

4. My awesome part (part) time job. It allows me the opportunity to work and contribute, but also allows me to primarily be a mommy.

5. Christ and His free gift of salvation He offers me and any one who seeks it.

6. My daughter's heart that is already becoming aware of "Gigi" (aka Jesus). That is probably the greatest gift a parent could receive, knowing their child {will/should} fall in love with God.

7. My doggies. I love them so much. Animals just bring a different element of joy and life to your home.

8. A full pantry and fridge.

9. Friends who are there for you know matter what.

10. Chad's job that provides for all our needs {and wants}, plus, he truly enjoys it and that makes me happy.

1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Psalms 100


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...