Pages

10 November 2010

Could I Please Just Get One Break?

This is how I feel regarding this pregnancy. I can't catch a break to save my life and personally, I don't know how much more I can take without breaking.

So once again I failed the Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT). And once again I have to endure the 3 hour test. For those of you who have never had the privilege of taking the 3 hour test, you have no idea how bad it is. Seriously, I count it amongst the worse days of my life. Top 3 for sure!

I am just done.
I am tired of the stress and worry I have every day about whether or not our son will be special needs or not.
I am tired of having contractions all.day.long. for days on end.
I am angry I have to take the 3 hour test.
I am just done.

I have been trying to be a more positive person, but today is NOT that day. Today I am complaining. And if I fail the 3 hour, I don't even want to talk about what state I will be in. It won't be the Gestational Diabetes that bothers me (I am an RD with more Type 1-insulin dependent diabetics in my family than you can count) it will be that yet again, God has to throw another ire into my fire. I guess I am just not getting the lessons HE wants me to learn, so He keeps giving me more! I sure hope in the end I come out shiny and new, because at this point I have my doubts (about myself, not God).

So today is a bad day.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry dear! I will be praying for you to have a more positive day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying God's peace and comfort to surround you at this time. It's in the valley's that we become the strongest and I know the Lord will use this to make you stronger and a richer testimony of His provisions.

    May tomorrow bring lightness to your heart and a smile to your face! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...