Pages

30 January 2010

Leighton's First Year Scrapbook (pt3)

Click to view:
Pt 1
Pt 2
All 50 pages on my shutterfly account HERE.

This is the final installment aren't you all excited! ;)

Some FAQ I have gotten on this:
(if you have any questions I didn't cover just leave a comment)
1. How did you do this?
I did all of this on Photoshop Elements. It is nothing too fancy, just basic, but it gets the job done. I am NO PRO by any stretch of the imagination and still have lots to learn. However, I am pretty please with how it turned out for a first time digital scrapbooker.


2. How did you print them off?
I asked a lot of my photoshop pro and design friends for suggestions and decided to go with Scrapbooksplease. The did my 12x12 pages for $1.99 each.


3. How was the quality?
I was overall impressed with the quality. I did a matte paper b/c I don't like glossy, but I am re-thinking that now.

4. Would you use this company again?
Yes, and no. The price is right, but I did think the shipping was a little high $14 for 50 pages. There is another company called Scrapping Simply that ships for a flat $5 (or so it appears) that I may try next time. If one of you uses them please let me know what you think!

5. Is digital scrapbooking easier than regular scrapbooking?
A resounding YES, in my opinion. I have "tried" my hand at the old-fashion way, but it is time consuming, creates a mess, and expensive. The old-fashion way does yield really cool 3-D pages, but I think digital gives you more bang for your buck, once you get over the headache that is photoshop!


6. Do I have to have photoshop to do this?
No, there are lots of free sites out there to use. Sorry I can't think of any to link you to, but google is your friend use it! :) However, basic photoshop elements runs around $100, so it could be a worthy investment. But you might want to pick up the Photoshop for dummies book while you are at it! (Thanks Erin for the tip :) ).


Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...