Pages

15 March 2010

13 Months

I didn't think I would continue with the monthly updates after we reached a year, but she is just up to so many new things again that I want a place to keep record of it.

So here we go, this is what you are up to this month Lo Lo girl:

Milestones:
You are a full-time walker now. You have just recently figured out how to stand-up with OUT pulling up on something.


You just babble away, LOUDLY. Still no real words and you seem to be able to only handle one letter sound at a time. You are just like your aunt Meg (sorry inside family joke ;) ). You will spend 20-30 minutes in your crib after your nap just "talking" with your babies, it is so funny and sweet.
I am hoping the "talking" is going to click soon, it just has to eventually Actually, I can't stand it if it doesn't, because the whining is driving me CrAZy!

Eating:
On March 1st I started giving you a sippy cup of milk, to START the weaning process from a bottle. The first two days went well. Day 3 you threw a huge tantrum over drinking from your cup. By the end of the night you were throwing BOTH your cup and your bottle across the room (this is not an exaggeration). Day 4 you took your cup all day without asking for a bottle. That evening I tried to give you your before bed bottle and you threw it across the room. Ok so I put you in bed and off to sleep you went. Perhaps a fluke? Day 5 same song second verse. Needless to say in just 5 short days you were weaned from your bottle!!! That happened way quicker than I had imagined. It is sort of sad since bottle time also equaled cuddle time, now that is no longer. :( Now you just get your night-nights on and off to sleep you go! Crazy simple.

Pretty sure this was one of your LAST bottles.
I have been having a hard time letting you use a spoon because I HATE mess. We have carpet in our dining room and well, you know... Anyway, it is a disservice to you not to let you "practice." You are quite proficient at it now, you stick it very nicely in your mouth and then hand it back for more. Very little mess...until I start letting you do the WHOLE process yourself...I am NOT there yet people!

Cooking with dog food...Yum!
Whatever, keeps you busy while I make dinner, makes me happy.

Sleeping:
You are taking longer morning naps (i.e. nearly 2 hours!). You still take a 1 hour nap in the PM. And then you usually have to take a "power nap" around 4ish. This usually consists of either 30 minutes of "quiet" time or a quick 10-15 minute nap.

Favorite Toy/Book(s):
You now have 3 lovies: poodle, baby Allie, and yes, mom, baby Julia.

Not the best picture, but it shows her newest lovies and her love of piling!

You love your ball popper, the 10 Little Lady Bugs book and touch and feel Puppy and Kitty book.

Anecdotes/Quirky things you do:
You and your cousin are spending lots of last minute time together and teaching each other all sorts of tricks. Landrey is a monkey and figures out everything you don't like getting around the stair gate!
This was at the Brodster's First Birthday party.
These two are just goof balls together! We sure are going to miss you! :(

You go around piling all of your toys in one location.

When mommy sings the "Clean up" song you will help pick up whatever mess it is you made.

I feel really blessed that you play so quietly and contently by yourself. While I am getting ready in the morning you play w/ my "hairbows." Then when it is time to clean-up you help!
side note: not sure why you have red socks on with a pink sweater?!!? Daddy must have dressed you :) HA!

You love to tell the dogs good morning and you get super excited if you wake up before daddy leaves, so you can tell him good morning!

The church nursery "refuses" to move you up because they love you so much! This is something that makes my heart smile every single Sunday. They come up with a different excuse every week as to why you should not move up to the 1 year old/walker class. Personally, I don't care, I am just beyond grateful that she has such wonderful people to love on her while we are in service! And even more fun this month is cousin Landrey (and Aunt Melissa) are coming to church with us, so more reasons to stay in the baby nursery! :)

Well this wraps up yet another month! You are just getting SO FUN!!
I love you and you will always be my little baby no matter how big you get!

2 comments:

  1. all I can say is I LOVE HER more than ANY words can describe!!! I just could eat her up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stuff about talking makes me laugh. Sophie used to point and whine and say "Dis? Dis?" (this) ALL THE TIME! Then at 14 months she started saying so many words. So since Lo is much like Soph...maybe you just need to hang in there 1 more month. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...