Pages

12 March 2010

30 Day Shred

I use to be fairly athletic. By athletic I mean a gymnast since I was 4 or 5 and a cheerleader and sprinter since I was 15. I never quite understood other sports...needless to say few workouts left me on my hands and knees panting for air. As the years have gone by I have slowly let my hard-core exercising ways fall by the wayside. Now after being pregnant, I am out of shape. I WANT to be in shape, so I have decided to start this:


I am on day 5 currently. And it is kicking my backside! I did level 1 for 3 days.
Day 1-I didn't know what to expect, it was HARD. I couldn't walk or raise my arms above my shoulders the next day. I took 2 days off to recover.
Day 2-Still breathing hard.
Day 3- Easier to get through...getting bored. So for Day 4 I bumped up to level 2, not because I was proficient at level 1, but because I was bored...big mistake.
Day 4- I was dying, I could barely breathe, I realized I had never sweated so much in my life!
Day 5-I persevered and did level 2 again today! Not any easier today!!!
While this video may be the death of me, it also feels really good each time I finish. It feels good to sweat and work my muscles...and crazily enough I keep at it so I don't let Jillian down. HA!

I would recommend it if you are looking for a short (25 minutes) yet super intense workout. Perfect to fit in someone's morning nap time. It combines strength with cardio, which yields the maximum calorie burn. I also like the fact that you can tell Jillian and her two counterparts are dying too! (Especially in level 2) I hate doing workouts where the background crew makes it look effortless...I don't know it just irks me as I sit there struggling.

Well here is to the next 25 days...or at least 'til I get bored with this video and try another one (thank goodness for Netflix!).
Happy exercising everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Funny? I am on day 6, just one day ahead of you and I am doing fine. Guess I am just one of those background models who make it look so effortless. It is probably so easy for me b/c I KEPT my 6 pack while I was preggo. I bounced right back to my 8 pack about a month after I gave birth to Landrey. Sorry you are struggling so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Melissa you are so funny sometimes :) I know you are my inspiration. I have your bikini model pic hanging in front of me while I work out to motivate me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shred kicks my booty!! I've not even made it past level one. I think the most I've done is 5 or 6 days in a row and then I quit for a week or two, then go back to it.

    Not the smartest idea, I'm sure, but it is so hard!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...